airline paint

Bit confused by your request, what colour is it you want? If it's Flybe colours I might be able to help given a couple of days.......

Still not very clear I'm afraid as etc. means nothing as are we suppose to guess??

If there is a livery could you can't find and is not made as such by xtracolour or whoever, better to post about that particular colour and ask if there is a good match that we may know about.

Just as long as you actually need to know as to ask just to accumulate information is wasting the time members freely give helping out when they might otherwise be making models.

There must be thousands of airline colours that are not made as special issues.

Mods

Would it be an idea to have a library of colour matches as they are found to save on any such requests that may have been made before?

Just a thought...no more

Sorry if my post seem "stiff"...I can't get the smilies to work

hi has any one got assess to airliner paint looking for ones that xtracolour does not do i

have got flybe paint. Looking forthr paint it self or a paint chip of a 3x2in size

if you don't mind spray cans and are desparate you could do worse than try 'the range' they have a huge selection of holts car colours at £3.99 per can, have found some good matches in the past

Worth remembering that using the exact correct colour is wrong

You have to allow for 'scale effect', that is the distance the real one would be from you compared to the size of the model as you look at it means the air between will change the colour slightly.

Simply put a model a foot away is like the real one 144 feet away and that should be allowed for.

Quite noticeable with black and white...colours are softened, contrast is slightly diminished.

Failure to take account of that is one of the reasons in old films models look like models.

OK it's not great but it is there and one of those things that's more noticeable if it's not done than when it is.

All depends on how accurate one wants to be

(Still no smileys, but I think it's me)

Edited by garryrussell

Also worth remembering that aside from the very few paint lines like Xtracolor that do dedicated airliner colors, the market for such things is vanishingly small in the grand scheme of the universe. The number of people who would potentially buy any given tin of a color dedicated to a specific airlne paint scheme probably numbers less than the fingers of both your hands and all your toes combined. The market just isn't that big.