Freightdog suggestions sought for resin weapons

Hi, I'm expanding my resin range with a number of new sets leading up to SMW, many of which will be covering modern RAF kit. If anyone has any suitable suggestions for what they would like to see in 1/72 please post it. or pm if you prefer. Due to the nature of resin manufacture, fairly obscure stuff can be tackled, along as I can get good reference photo's etc (dims are not so important, as you can size off of pylons etc). It does not need to be items never done before, but if they have been done by could be improved on thats fine.

Thanks.

Colin

Some decent CBLS. The earlier smaller version suitable for Harriers, Jaguars, Hawks, Phantoms etc. There are different tail fairings: long and short although the short one could easily be cut down from the long one.

In fact, it might be a good idea to do all sorts of munitions for British aircraft.

You already have a good thousand pounder with a 114 ballistic tail. We need a thousand pounder with a 117 retard tail, BL755 cluster bomb, Paveway II and maybe even a WE177 bucket of instant sunshine. Decent 68mm SNEB pods, 2 in rocket pods and CRV-7 pods would also go down well.

Here's my wishlist

CBLS 100 and 200 practice bomb carriers

Brimstone Missiles

Terma countermeasures pod (carried by Tornado in Afghanistan)

Perhaps slightly tenuous, the crew served weapons and countermeasures fit carried by Chinook

Some decent CBLS. The earlier smaller version suitable for Harriers, Jaguars, Hawks, Phantoms etc. There are different tail fairings: long and short although the short one could easily be cut down from the long one.

In fact, it might be a good idea to do all sorts of munitions for British aircraft.

You already have a good thousand pounder with a 114 ballistic tail. We need a thousand pounder with a 117 retard tail, BL755 cluster bomb, Paveway II and maybe even a WE177 bucket of instant sunshine. Decent 68mm SNEB pods, 2 in rocket pods and CRV-7 pods would also go down well.

Seconded on the above, especially the rockets please!

Does anyone do a decent set of the various types of Martel missiles? If not, and I can't find 'em if they do, that would be very interesting.

Hi, I'm expanding my resin range with a number of new sets leading up to SMW, many of which will be covering modern RAF kit. If anyone has any suitable suggestions for what they would like to see in 1/72 please post it. or pm if you prefer. Due to the nature of resin manufacture, fairly obscure stuff can be tackled, along as I can get good reference photo's etc (dims are not so important, as you can size off of pylons etc). It does not need to be items never done before, but if they have been done by could be improved on thats fine.

Thanks.

Colin

Just one suggestion - a set of Olympus 301s to complement your existing 201 and 202 series...that should keep me busy and knee-deep in Vulcans for years to come...

Many thanks

Mark

Enzo pretty much has everything listed I'd like to see!

Gun pods for second gen RAF harriers, to go with the Airfix kit.

I'd have these as soon as they're out! A definite addition to a great kit.

Mark.

Another vote for the CBLS, the SNEB pods and Brimstones. A set of dual or triple stacked 60lb Rocket Projectiles with optional HE or Armour Piercing heads for the Hunter FGA9 would also be great.

I know its not a weapon, but needed to go with the Brimstones (and Terma) on a Tornado is a GR4 conversion set (FLIR and IRLS) for the Revell GR1. There's also a fair amount of markings out there for the GR4 waiting for an update set now that the Model Alliance set is unlikely to reappear any time soon.

On a similar theme, how about a pair of Jaguar tanks and EMI recon pod to replace the MA ones?

Phimat chaff pods, as carried on Harrier and Jaguar. The recce pod carried on Harrier GR3. Firestreak and Redtops. Terma pod for the GR4. Vulcan Black Buck Shrike fit and ECM fit. Wing sampling pods for the Vulcan B2MRR. The big ferry tanks for the Harrier GR3. Canberra TT18 tow target system and stilletto target.

Edited by Catbird

I know its not a weapon, but needed to go with the Brimstones (and Terma) on a Tornado is a GR4 conversion set (FLIR and IRLS) for the Revell GR1. There's also a fair amount of markings out there for the GR4 waiting for an update set now that the Model Alliance set is unlikely to reappear any time soon.

Seconded! The Revell kit is so nice that it's a crime there's no GR4 conversion available.

Seconded! The Revell kit is so nice that it's a crime there's no GR4 conversion available.

And in 1:144 For the revell kit along with some brimestomes & paveways?

Edited by Neal

I don't think you'd go far wrong with RAF aircraft update sets - Revell Tornado GR1 to GR4, Revell Typhoon F2 to FGR4 , KC-135R to RAF Rivet Joint, etc. I presume even the RAF Atlas will need some bits added when it enters service if you start with the Revell Grizzly kit.

Thanks everyone, appreciate the feedback, please keep it coming.

As some of you might be aware, I have access to all the masters made by Paul Lucas previously marketed in the Model Alliance and Airframe range, since they did not own them, and purchased the castings as a finished product (this is not the entire range, but a good chunk of it). Items like the GR.4/4A in 1/72 are coming very soon, the Brimstones are also ex MA but need updating first, manly of the sets are getting updated or completely redone in time for SMW.

We are already looking at Harrier GR.9 and FA.2 items which are new. I don't plan on doing any decals to go with these sets, as there are plenty already available.

Colin

As some of you might be aware, I have access to all the masters made by Paul Lucas previously marketed in the Model Alliance and Airframe range, since they did not own them, and purchased the castings as a finished product (this is not the entire range, but a good chunk of it). Items like the GR.4/4A in 1/72 are coming very soon, the Brimstones are also ex MA but need updating first, manly of the sets are getting updated or completely redone in time for SMW.

We are already looking at Harrier GR.9 and FA.2 items which are new. I don't plan on doing any decals to go with these sets, as there are plenty already available.

Colin

Could you do the Defence aides for the Royal Navy Merlin HM1 ,Sensors upgrade ,side approach IR lantern ,chaff & flare units on bracket. have photos of them close up if required . Regards Len.

Colin,

Another suggestion if I may. Any chance of a militar BN Islander update to allow the current generation AAC/RAF Defender/Islanders to be modded from the vintage Airfix kit?

Mark

Colin

Colin,

Good news on the Tornado stuff. How about a corrected nose cone too?

Mark.

Colin,

Another suggestion if I may. Any chance of a militar BN Islander update to allow the current generation AAC/RAF Defender/Islanders to be modded from the vintage Airfix kit?

Mark

I second that.

Chinook sand filters in 1/48th.

Edited by Jabba

Hi Colin

How about the proper interior and ASW weapon load to do a RN Seaking HAS5/6, we have the Revell kit out at the moment but the interior is only suitable for AEW/SAR versions. For some reason they only offer partial kit for ASW variant so would be an ideal chance to tie in with the recent Combat Decals set for HMS Hermes.

Geoff