A plane builders attempt at a tanky thing...

I don't do tanks normally but was suffering builders block with the airplanes so had a go at this fella that I bought in the Modelzone sale a Christmas or two ago. I posted some pics on UAMF and asked for advice as I'm not familiar with armoured vehicles. (I didn't ask here because you guys are all too good and I felt embarrassed). I corrected most of the issues the chaps raised, so here is the finished article. Please do tell me if there is anything else I've missed - I won't learn and improve unless you tell me.

Items for correction were: muzzle end was missing, gun angle lowered, machine gun painted, tracks to be sagged, driving wheel teeth painted, rear end to be weathered more.

005-19.jpg

006-18.jpg

008-19.jpg

012-19.jpg

013-19.jpg

014-10.jpg

018-8.jpg

017-10.jpg

Cheers

Al.

That came out quite well! 1/25th? Quite interesting scale for AFV's

If you dont mind me saying, the tracks near the front sprocket could do with more sag, and is that daylight visible through the grilles? These are kit faults, not yours of course.

I think that's pretty good myself :clap2:

I'd maybe add a little weathering to the tools, to show a bit of wear and maybe some rust/dirt on the towing cables. Final bit from me would be add a slight metallic glaze to the bow gun, using a bit of ground up pencil lead rubbed on lightly with a finger or cotton bud to highlight the raised parts. That's all I can think of at the moment, apart from when are you building another one? :)

Gotta concur with the all of the above! Can't see anything there to be embarrassed about either. Those exhausts are stunning!

Regards

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

OH my dear lord I may aswel give up now...

but seriously that a very nice job I just hope that I can get anywhere close to your skill level

That's a good-looking tank, especially the engine deck and running gear. :thumbsup2: I like the solidity of it too. I'm no expert but I reckon you could do a bit more weathering on the lower front armour plate (the one facing the ground) - if the wheels are as scruffy as they are, there should probably be some wear and tear (and mud?) on there as well for it all to make sense. The two tow shackles look a bit too clean as well.

Look forward to seeing your next one!

PS: Just noticed while looking for the thumbs-up that we have an emoticon called

:)