B-type bus pigeon loft

Brilliant.....That's just the bees knees! :thumbsup:

"Old Speckled Jim" and his chums up there on the roof are a lovely touch and add loads of character to an already beautiful model.....Bravo! :clap2:

BTW.....Is it you who keeps out bidding me on these? :hmmm:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

• 5 months later...

Not a critique of this kit, but a general heads up on the Airfix B type bus kit.

I have been doing some research on the b type for a build that I am doing and I haver found out some interesting facts.

The Bodywork of the B type was built by several different concerns over its service life to a generic set of plans. The Airfix B type Bus represents the "Type 7" or as its otherwise known the "3 panel" bus body. (identified by the three panels below the lower deck windows). The thing is that these bodies were not put into use until 1919 (after WW1)so this bus body is not appropriate for the pidgeon loft as it still shows the three panels, and it is also not appropriate for the "Old Bill" troop transports in WW1 if you are doing that build.

Saying that the Modifications are easy to do , just remove the three panels with some judicious sanding so it becomes just one long panel, and the other not so obvious change is to square off the upper corners of the lower deck windows.

Selwyn

The WW1 type body on old bill in the IWMhttp://www.flickr.com/photos/angus-macvicar/8244183570/

The post war type 7 body on the London bus museum example http://www.ltmcollection.org/resources/index.html?IXglossary=Buses

Edited by Selwyn

• 5 years later...

Have just found this and love it so much that I thought I might give it a ‘bump’ for the benefit of others who didn’t see it first time round. I don’t do this often but think this one’s a bit special. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I have to congratulate you on your build, and also thank you for giving me the idea to do the same 😊 

l found several versions of the pigeon loft but preferred the version you had chosen. I must admit l followed your build closely and it helped me enormously to complete my version after too many decades away from modelling. 

I have developed a fascination for WWI and the strange vehicles produced at that time. See my scratch built Seabrook armoured lorry in whip, and also another conversion l made from the same airfix kit of a 3 ton y type lorry in ready for inspection. Thanks again for your influence on my own modelling. 

Cheers

Andrew