199 Squadron on parade WD131 & WP213

I know I have posted these under their respective WIP and R for I before, but I thought it would be good to show them together. This would not have been possible for real due to the demise of WD131 in an accident (refer to 131 WIP), so this is the next best thing. It occured to me a few years ago that it would have been great if a Valiant could have returned to RAF Hemswell for a farewell formation flypast, but we were too busy with other matters I geuss.

As usual comments of either nature will be welcome.

WD131Wp2122.jpg

WD131WP213.jpg

WD131Wp2133.jpg

John (exbrat)

Really superb replicas, both of them, John. WD131 is a wonderful tribute and, as for the beautiful Valiant, ............ my gosh, I only hope I can get mine to look even halfway as gorgeous as your does here !

I was leaning just a bit towards the aluminum scheme of WB215, the Type 667 trials craft, but now this outstanding white anti-flash finish on your craft has me re-thinking my V-bomber color schemes !

Mike

Thank you all for kind comments.

Mike, I thought you said a while ago that your Valiant would represent a Grapple bird, with a Big, Biiiiiiiggggggg distinctive cloud in the background from a home made you know what? Perhaps your neighbors would object though, how far is Chicago?

Jason, the reason the Valiant wingspan wasn't much different from the Lincoln was that all three V bombers had to fit into the standard hanger as well as go faster, higher, etc. Could afford new aircraft but not hangars. Next project, is there one? Perhaps reunite the broken lumps of the 1/48 Lincoln conversion that are in the garage.

Keep the models flowing.

John

Mike, I thought you said a while ago that your Valiant would represent a Grapple bird, with a Big, Biiiiiiiggggggg distinctive cloud in the background from a home made you know what? Perhaps your neighbors would object though, how far is Chicago? ....................

John

See, John ? Well, it's obvious that's how desperately indecisive I have been about my Valiant ! :lol: Everytime I see an outstanding build of this fine-looking bomber, I begin to gravitate towards completing her in that particular manner. At some point in the build I will HAVE to choose. :D

(Ummm, downtown Chicago is approximately 10.2 miles east of me ....... ooops, I guess I can't use a miniature live Blue Danube to get the photo I want ! Photoshop it is, then ....my neighbors can rest easy ! :P

Mike

Edited by Mike DeTorrice