Bristol Sycamore

Finally got round to taking some finished pictures of the Sycamore that I've been building over in the WIP section in the last few weeks. This isn't a kit you can knock together in a few days, it's paced me every step of the way, but I think it was worth it. The kit is jam packed with PE, resin and Vacuum moulded clear parts, infact more than I could use. It's also graced by some good reference material from Ed Russel and Tony O'Tool (Tonyot) that gives plenty of close up references which are vital in a build like this.

Whilst the rescue versions probably never had the rear seats fitted, I wanted to use the detail as it was too nice to leave out. Paint was Xtracrylic trainer yellow. I had a few issues with the clear bits, one noticeable on being I cracked the RH door accross the window when getting it profiled to meet the canopy..doh !. Anyway, hope you like it....

DSC01317.jpg

DSC01310.jpg

DSC01309.jpg

DSC01299.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

DSC01293.jpg

DSC01291.jpg

DSC01288.jpg

DSC01280.jpg

DSC01262.jpg

DSC01261.jpg

DSC01258.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Neil

Thats a real beauty Woody, looks spot on. :clap2:

-

Didn't realise CMR did a Sycamore, thought the only offering was the old Glencoe kit - another flipping kit on the wishlist now :doh:

cheers

simon

Great job Neil! Just building one for Petr B too, so your build is good source of information and excellent motivation to knock it soon. So far the very same experience with some little bit challenging areas, but definitely worth building!

Cheers

Libor

Looks lovely Neil, much better than the heavily rivetted Glencoe offering I've got in my stash. An early addition to my Telford shopping list methinks!

Best wishes

Mark

Libor, looking forwards to seeing yours, I know it will be good. What scheme are you doing ?

Hi Neil, it perfectly fits to my Operation Musketeer collection, although the scheme is little bit boring B)

Cheers

Libor

Edited by Redboost

EPIC!!!!!.............Absolutely epic model Neil, it looks fantastic!!!! You`ve done the CMR kit credit there mate and glad that my tiny little contribution was of use,

All the best mate,

Tony O

Cracking build there Neil, you made a great job of the kit, which I'm sure as you say was a challenge. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Definitely on my to build list now.

Colin on the Africa Station