Indian AF Su-30K - Trumpeter 1:72 scale

I've just finished my Su-30K in the colours of the Indian AF 50th Anniversary of Independence scheme.

Su-30MKK%20066.JPG

I used the Trumpeter Su-27UB kit - with the upper fuselage moulding and canopy/windscreen from the same company's Su-30MKK kit in order to get the offset IRST and IFR probe.....

You could do the same thing by using the Su-30MKK kit and substituting the Su-27UB fins and nosegear.

Su-30MKK%20069.JPG

Decals are from Begemot - and went on beautifully I only used Micro Sol on the large 'Chakra' decal on the spine to get it to conform to the double-curvature.

I also tried to create the roughly applied finish by painting around the stencilling - as seen on the real thing...

Su-30MKK%20062.JPG

Su-30MKK%20061.JPG

More pics and build photos here

Ken

Dear Ken

great job. You certainly got those colours right. They did get chipped a bit as is evident in the pic of self at Pune in 1998.

7620592856_758b9f2b7e_z.jpg

Regards Phil

Thanks Phil.....

Are you the same Phil who did the IAF Su-30 Flanker book with Simon Watson ? - Phil Camp ???

I used the photos published in that book - but trying to get details of the stencilling/painting around the undersides was not easy.

From your photo it looks like I haven't made it 'tatty' enough..... :analintruder:

The Saffron/Orange/Red colour also changes depending on which publication you look at....

Thanks for the compliment...

Ken

Great stuff Ken...they really did get tatty didn't they ! Like the idea of melding the two kits, certainly looks the part. Looking at the photo Phil supplied it looked as if DIY SOS has had a go at it, even down to the polyfilla on the fins leading edge!!!

Great to see a Flanker in non Soviet markings for a change.....

A simply gorgeous scheme very nice work.