Who would buy a EC121 Warning Star?

paul178

Not wishing to invade anyone elses "I would like to see a.............." thread

How many members would like to see the above Heller kit reissued. I know it needs a bit of patience and modding to build.

I want one anyway but am not going to pay the absolutely silly prices that the seem to go for on Evilbay!

I've got one that my dad built *many* moons ago, it's aged and sat broke in his loft, so I plan to renew it at some point with a new paint job etc! Just awaiting more space then I can start it.

Not wishing to invade anyone elses "I would like to see a.............." thread

How many members would like to see the above Heller kit reissued. I know it needs a bit of patience and modding to build.

I want one anyway but am not going to pay the absolutely silly prices that the seem to go for on Evilbay!

Already have one in the loft Never started. I'd forgotten I had it until I went looking for something else

Cheers

Terry McGrady

Already have one in the loft Never started. I'd forgotten I had it until I went looking for something else

Cheers

Terry McGrady

Just out of interest where abouts in the world is your loft ?:devil:

Crikey, they've gone up a lot in the last year or so! They were £15 to 20, now £25 to 50...

Wonder why?

Maybe there's a secret collector out there, hoovering them up, a bit like there has been with 1/72 AH-1Gs and resin mods for the A-26! :evil_laugh:

Good idea for a conversion set for the Connie, though - probably more economically viable, too.

there was a conversion, done by RVAH (i think) but it was more expensive than buying the whole kit even from Ebay

steve

I'd happily take moulds off my dads connie...and id happily take a set from you :)

Nah - far too small! ;)

Actually - I have one in front of me know as a reference for the BiG'un...

Surprised it hasn't re-appeared though - and with more markings options than the original.

Iain

I bought this kit in a new style box in 1999, I was in australia dont think this kit has been out in the uk since the mid 80's maybe heller have diffrent release schedules in diffrent countrys check the net see if anyone has one .

happy modelling Glenn.....

Nah - far too small! ;)

Actually - I have one in front of me know as a reference for the BiG'un...

Surprised it hasn't re-appeared though - and with more markings options than the original.

Iain

Hmmmm... actually, 1/48 would be better ...

There are loads of Heller kits out there (two in my stash alone). What's **really** needed is a comprehensive correction/detail set for it. It needs new radomes, all new landing gear and wheels, new tip tanks, new engine nacelles and props, and about a dozen other add-ons to make it reasonably accurate.

There was the ID Models vac in 1:48 - suspect John @ Tigger models may have the patterns.

Still too small though! :)

Iain

So hows the 1/32 connie comming along? finished for Telford? :analintruder:

Oi! No heckling from the cheap seats please!! :analintruder:

Making progress actually - still slow mind. Couple of hours today - should get some more in tomorrow.

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)

Oi! No heckling from the cheap seats please!! :analintruder:

Making progress actually - still slow mind. Couple of hours today - should get some more in tomorrow.

Iain

Speaking of which ... Inspired by your build, I was thinking about doing something similar with a F-106. After considerable thought and study, it seems the key to doing scratchbuilding (of which I've done very little) is considerable study, many planned small steps, working in sub assemblys and sketching everything before you build. Is that close to being right?

There was the ID Models vac in 1:48 - suspect John @ Tigger models may have the patterns.

Still too small though! :)

Iain

I'm thinking the same thoughts Jim. I've sent Tigger an e-mail. We can but hope.

I'm a big lad Iain, for me 48th is normal, fingers like sausages and 72nd scale don't work :wall: Respect for the 32nd scale Connie though :mike: