I've forgotten my password

Mike

Ok - that's easy to fix, so don't worry. Here are some ways to sort that out:

• There's a "Forgotten Password" link on the login screen - try that first, and go through the process of recovering and resetting your password following the instructions carefully. The Catchpa security feature can sometimes screw up in your browser, so it's possible it might not work.
  • Are you sure you're using your Login ID, and not your Display Name? Your Login ID is discrete from your Display Name, and you should most likely have the two different for security purposes. Check you've not had a mental block and used the Display Name instead, as you'll never get logged - even using the right password.
  • Give your head a wobble and see if you can remember - try again with another candidate, but remember that three failures locks your account for 15 minutes or until a Moderator spots you languishing there That's covered here.
  • Speak to Mike or Greg B to get them to help you reset your password from here
  • Very occasionally (2 in 9,500 member) an account will "break", and there's nothing we can do to repair it. If this happens, we'll create you a new account manually, and rename your old one, keeping all your ramblings for posterity.

It's better that you try to help yourself, because if Mike resets your password it's likely to be at least semi-sarcastic if he knows you well enough, and you'll be reminded of your forgetfulness every time you log in. :)

DO NOT JUST REGISTER ANOTHER ACCOUNT.

We have a one-member-one-account policy to avoid confusion & skulduggery. We simply delete duplicate accounts that have been registered by existing members.

• 5 weeks later...

I thought I'd bump this one up to the top after the forum software upgrade, as we're getting quite a few folks just abandoning their old userID, and taking out a new one. We have a one-member-one-account policy, so that's a no-no. Please don't do it, but DO follow the advice above and try to resolve your issues before clogging up the validation queue with superfluous new memberships. :)