Henschel Hs 129

I built Jerry Rutman's Hs 129 a few years ago for a magazine article.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the model.

These pictures are from the magazine article, so they are not as clear as I would like.

The kit is resin with white metal and turned brass parts.

The wind screen is cast in clear resin and the main canopy is vac formed.

I added a set of etched harness and used MDC's Luftwaffe instrument decals for the dials.

The model was painted with a combination of Tamiya acrylics, and Xtra Color enamels.

HS3.jpg

HS2.jpg

HS4.jpg

HS6.jpg

HS5.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 10

Thanks for posting the pictures . You dont see many of these built . Are there any pitfalls found during consruction as i have the reissue under the Greymatter brand which i hope to build sometime next year.

Thanks for the compliments guys, they're greatly appreciated.

The kit is not as refined as some other resin kits, such as ones from MDC for example.

It is a bit rough in places but its not a real problem to put together if time is taken to prepare the parts before assembly.

The instructions are a bit vague, especially around the cockpit, so good reference is a help.

I glued the fuselage together with epoxy to give a strong join and the epoxy acted as a filler.

I found the resin windscreen a bit rough, not very clear, but after some cotes of Klear, or Future floor polish

it was passable.

The tail planes and wings benefit from some form of armature to help keep them in place.

The cannon barrel was exquisite! It was turned brass and the muzzle break is so fine, it is a work of art.

In all its no shake and bake kit, it needs work to get it together, but its not hard work to a reasonable modeller.

• Thanks 1

• 6 years later...

Hi HL-10

Just given your post from 2012 a thanks as you kindly gave an answer to  the question i asked you and i didnt reply .

Came back to your thred after serching the web for hints on building this kit and iv come full circle .

I am currently building the greymatter release . Fuselage all finished with reasonable results but now its the wings . They bare no relationship to the fuselage and a solution is stretching my Greymatter 😅

cheers

Alistair

Thanks for posting these pictures. For some reason, I have always loved the Hs-129. I still can't believe that Zoukei-Mura will be releasing one in 1/32.  Your model looks excellent. What magazine did it appear in?

On 3/30/2019 at 1:08 PM, Hobo said:

What magazine did it appear in?

Scale Aviation Modeller International :)