Fairey Firefly 1/72 Octopus

Hi again. This is my recently finished Fairey Firefly from Octopus (actually Pavla), the worst kit I've ever built. Only for very, very very patient modellers. I hope you like it.

1-1.jpg

3.jpg

8.jpg

2.jpg

DSCN8388.jpg

14.jpg

13.jpg

Regards from Málaga

Fernando

• Like 1

Well you have made a fantastic job it regardless of the quality of the parts. I would struggle to get that quality from one of the "shake and bake" kits!

Edited by Duncan B

Oh Fernando, I feel your pain! I built this horrible beast a few years ago, it was my first short run kit (!!!). Did you have fun trying to force the resin cockpits to fit?!

Unlike mine however, yours looks stunning, a very very good result even if the kit were a good one!

Can I ask where you got the decals from, as I used the kit ones and they peeled and flaked really badly. I could do with an aftermarket replacement.

The worst kit you ever made? well you have created a work of art, beautiful finish with the painting, if Octopus is that bad then I know what to expect with their Tigercat then, it's been in my stash for a couple of years and now I might have a go at it just for a laugh!

I bet it isn't as much of a pig as the Marivox Saab 105! You have done a fantastic job on that! I also have it lurking in my stash box. One day when i'm finished with the Saab, i'll tackle that Firefly. Have you tried doing any of the Special Hobby kits? Was there loads of resin and fuselage side walls to grind away?

Superb.

Martin

Well done that man!!

Having built this kit myself TWICE I can only agree with your sentiments but you have made an amazing job of it nonethless, what a stunning result! For what they are worth, here are my measly efforts;

1-72ndBPFFirefly-1pavlakit.jpg

1-72koreanfirefly2.jpg

All the best

Tony O

Edited by tonyot

Well you have made a fantastic job it regardless of the quality of the parts. I would struggle to get that quality from one of the "shake and bake" kits!

:ditto:

Wot he said. Looks a wee cracker to me. Excellent job for 1/72!

Thanks guys. All the effects are made with airbrush. tonyot, your Fireflies are amazing, you almos have an squadron!. For Lightningboy2000, I can tell you this kit contains a lot of resins for interiors, and the wheel bays... almost imposible to fit anyway.

Regards

Fernando