1/48 Messerschmitt Bf 110 G

One of those models started years ago and left part built waiting for the inspiration to complete.

It's the Revell kit with after market decals (I lost the kit ones!), goes together well enough and has enough detail for 1/48. I plucked up the courage to attempt the 'squiggle' colour scheme which was applied free hand with a fine line aibrush.

Si.

1106.jpg

1105.jpg

1104.jpg

1103.jpg

1102.jpg

1101.jpg

110.jpg

I've build 3 of these kits, one with the Cutting Edge nacelles and spinners, another with the Verlinden flaps and leading edge slats; I'm obviously a fan but they do benefit from after-market turned brass antennae. Yours is an excellent build and as mentioned above, your squiggle finish is simply stunning!!! Many congratulations.

Max

nice 110. the camp looks excellent. how did you get the exhaust stains so subtle? i can never get them right on anything.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

Exhaust staining was first applied with some thinned Tamiya smoke spayed onback across the wings, heavily thinned using multiple layers to build up the tone, then pastel dust was applied with a brush to deepen the centre of each stained area

After market antennae woud really help with this model buy I wanted to keep it out of the box rather than spend on extras.

Si.

That's excellent - the squiggles are superb! Bet you're pleased you plucked up that courage now!

Thanks for sharing particularly as I have a couple of these in the stash and been a little unsure of how they look shape-wise - no such concerns now that they can look briilliant.

cheers

Rick

Lovely work Si, like others have said the squiggle camo is excellent and something i would like to try, if i could get it halfway close to yours i would be happy,

Cheers, Stu

Edited by stoohoo