T-45 Goshawk

Here is my latest edition to my collection of Hawks.

Italeri T-45 Goshawk 1/72

Finished with Tamiya Acrylics

Really happy with how this one turned out, especially as i've had a lot of trouble painting white before. Definitley spent more time filling and sanding and although not perfect is an improvement on what my patience usually lets me do. Think i'm getting my models to look less like a bunch of plastic slapped together with glue and more a representation of the real thing.

Comments and criticism very welcome and appreciated.

Thanks

DSCF5409.jpg

DSCF5410.jpg

DSCF5411.jpg

DSCF5412.jpg

DSCF5413.jpg

DSCF5414.jpg

DSCF5415.jpg

Time to raid the stash for the next project, so many choices :rolleyes:

Thanks guys.

Again the magic of photography shows up some flaws that you don't really see when your looking at the finished project on the desk. Namely wheel painting, the edge of the canopy frame looking a bit rough, not the best red finish on the intakes and possibly now looking at it i thinks it's just a bit too clean.

Next up on the desk....Revell "Black Thunder" Tornado!

nice goshawk, a very rare a/c in UK even in model form.

Yes, took a while to grab one at a decent price on ebay. Same as the Saudi Hawk which i managed to get at Farnborough on Sunday!

Very nice; and this is a kit that really needs to be reissued. Draw Decals does both of the CONA specials, and I used my only T-45 to do the regular ol' trainer. It's not a very easy kit to find these days.

Only thing about the Italeri kit is it only represents the prototype/ pre-production jets. MDD did more than a few aerodynamic "band aids" to the design before it went operational, such as leading edge wing slats, (plus the wing tips got squared off). Technically one could make some of the mods to the Italeri kit to make it look more like a production bird, but cutting out leading edge slats on the wings would be kind of a pain. Kinetic reportedly is now at the test shot stage with their T-45 Goshawk in 1/48, so we shouldn't have to wait much longer for that one anyway. As for 1/72, I expect they will eventually do one in 1/72 as well in a few years (and maybe Italeri will repop theirs by then).

Very nice looking build BTW. I've always liked the looks of the Goshawk in classic white and orange coloring (even if the Navy did prune some of the Hawk's clean lines and put lumps and bumps on it).

Edited by JMChladek

As for 1/72, I expect they will eventually do one in 1/72 as well in a few years (and maybe Italeri will repop theirs by then).

And if Kinetic downscales their 1:48 to 1:72 (I'd rather have a better-fitting, more modern kit in any case) I'll be there to get a few! No use personally for a 1:48 one though :deadhorse:<_<

Edited by Kevin Callahan