1/35 Academy Warrior MCV

I do like to make AFV's as a break to making aircraft kits, although it would still be in 1:72.

I made the Revell 1:72 boxing of this a while back (although I have given it away now) so will be watching yours and Mish's builds

with interest.

Deacon

• 1 month later...

Finally got my bottom in gear and made a start, well on the base at least......Used my usual wooden place mat and poly ceiling tiles to give some depth and texture...

001-3.jpg

Using Polyfiller to seal the surface and provide details on the surface...

004-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

I intend to have the Warrior breaking through the wall and facing down the slope.....Well, I can dream can't I??

Smudge

Edited by swordfish fairey

• 2 weeks later...

Given it a base coat of green and added most of the many bits and pieces that Academy and Eduard supplied, it's getting there.

006_1067x800_zps23eac4e1.jpg

005_1067x800_zps469c9f15.jpg

After taking some detail shots at Bovington on Saturday, I found that the small spiky things in the kit are actually tubes...I have some a/c electrical pins that are about the right size....

008_1067x800_zps0b0684ef.jpg

Smudge

Thanks Mish & Murdo for your encouraging comments, although I don't agree Mish, your Warrior is seriously good....

It has had a coat of Revell SM314 as it looks quite good as a faded sand colour, and a bit of weathering. Fastened to the base, (with just a couple of areas where the tracks are floating in mid air, spooky!). I need to start on all the gubbins,( there's that word again) these things carry.

009_1067x800.jpg

008_1067x800.jpg

010_1067x800.jpg

015_1067x800-1.jpg

With a bit of luck, and the Missus giving me a stand down from domestics, I might have it finished soon......Smudge

Edited by swordfish fairey
  • Like 1

Well I got my stand down and the Warrior is almost there, added a few details and also weathering with my grumbacher pastels.

Used Eduard IFF/CIF panels and just arrived some Dragon figures, although they don't look great as they appear to be wearing NBCD kit( so must be for the first Gulf war.) .....

011_600x800.jpg

005_1067x800.jpg

010_1067x800-1.jpg

All I have to do is add the stowages, and she's done, not too sure about the figures at the moment...............Smudge

Coming along beautifully, if you can use beautiful for an armoured vehicle... I think you should use the figure standing to the right of the box in the first pic...decorative or wot?