The Luftwaffe 1946 Group Build

Hiya guys,

Count me in..I have a heap of Luft 46 models waiting to be built in boxes in the garden shed. I fully intend to create as much of the German missile,radar and flak systems alongside a mass of the project and operational. I have started on various missiles so far..

Rheintotcher,Enzian,V1,V2,Frueuelillie etc..I scratch built a Natter launch tower, Enzian launch rail..I have the complete Extratech German ground radar..Dora railway gun, a whole collection of Luft 46 planes..Revell,Special Hobby,Huma,RS Models..the exotic the better! I'm after the forthcoming Special Armour V2 launch equipment..the meillerwagen a are high on the list..one will be modified for rhienbote. I have the V1 launch ramp etc. plane wise Arado 234's, Dornier335's and a lot besides. I think my diorama will tell it's own story when it's created..think The Hague in late '44 and Rechlin/Peenemunde..:) Allin 1/72 scale..hope I get my models from the UK soon.. The Strabo crane,flak zwilling 12.8,radar,Goppingen Go9, searchlights ..

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i'm a bit slow in getting to read some of these.....but a LUFT46 GB!!!!!!!! :yikes:

count me in with bells and whistles and anything else I can find!!!!! :elephant:

only my second fav subject...... I don't get out much! :P Over half the stuff on my shelf is Luft46.

:pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: please please please let it be......will be resin, 1/48th, and HUGE!!!!! :evil_laugh:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

May I make a suggestion... I'm personally not a big fan of Napkinwaffe 1946, but I do like the 1946 concept. Why not extend it to all combatants? I would probably add a Boeing X8F or Ryan Darkshark... I also have a Fine molds 1946 boxing with an A7M2 and Ki-61... though that might be built sooner rather than later. Given the competitiveness between different GBs, getting more people on board (and a bit of diversity) will only help.

hmmm have a 1/48th darkshark just sitting there.......... :hmmm:

interesting idea but Luft46 is really now sort of in a world of it's own as a self sustaining monster.

I strongly suspect WhatIf III will be back again soon in all it's glory, so this is the perfect place for everything else.

But then again i do have an AWESOME love of Luft46 stuff......even better in resin and 1/48... :wub::yahoo:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi All ,

I'm trying to get as many decent pictures of the Enzian launch table. I know it was half of the 88mm gun platform,but there were very distinct differences. Also trying to build a model of the Rheintotcher launch system.Once again I am well aware that the base was based on a Flak 41 88mm,but obviously there were changes made to accomodate the rocket system. I'd like to know if there was a hydraulic system to raise the rocket ramp and what it looked like? Still meddling with the idea of making a model of the Flakleit G radar assembly(if I can get enoughg decent pictures of it and details) I have a huge stash of unbuilt kits in my shed(sound vaguely familiar?) I am seriously considering culling the collection soon. Most are Luft 46 models and a lot of German armour.

All are 1/72nd scale. I have to go through them all though. I had this ridiculous notion that when I moved here from the UK there was no way I could bring the collection in boxes so I took most of the kits out of theior boxes and packed them in sealed plastic bags,decals and everything else. They are all complete apart from not having boxes in most cases. I even have the huge BV222 unbuilt along with a heap of jet fighters,artillery,radar,tanks etc..I even have the Armageddon V2 launch rail. Much to my dismay a lot of the collection I had in the UK before i

The Gotha is nice as well, I was building a resin one until the cat ate most of the lower engine! :nono:

I suspect kitty was part of the resistance as it only ever like to chew on my luftwaffe aircraft!!!

Bad Kitty! :whip:

The Arado is nice, have one of those too, plus "that" cat didn't chew it (it went with 1st misses :thumbsup: ).

The Ar555 might be popular on the WhatIf III GB, is a great platform for some rarther unusual stuff!

Count me in for the '46 also (or failing that the what if III)!

Jockney, there should be enough interest in this for certain.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what happens next is that Mish makes a list of all those group builds that are possible for next year and we all vote on which ones are actually going ahead?

If you give me a few hours, i'll try and make a list and see how many people are interested in this. I've just got a couple of menial tasks to do first!

Chris

Menial tasks delayed for the timebeing.

So here we go, this is the list of people that are interested so far:

1/ Chris Jephcott (host)

2/ Mottlemaster

3/ Wyverns4

4/ wbk666

5/ Arniec

6/ smuts

7/ Tonygol

8/ Mike

9/ CPNGroats

10/ DJ Prest

11/ Mikkel

12/ Gareth Morgan

13/ Dermo245

14/ Prenton

15/ Kolibri282

16/ trickyrich

17/ Jockney

18/ Nigel Heath

19/ Paganpete

20/ Radleigh

I think that's it so far... might need a few more for this idea to get off the ground though...

Chris

Edited by Chris Jephcott

Yep another 11 Chris. Yes your right after the Nats at Telford. I'll make a list of all the GBs that have 30 or more interested members including at least two hosts and then well have a vote running till just before Christmas. The six most popular GBs from the vote will be the GBs for 2014 will run for four months.

GBs that don't make the vote will automatic get included in the next vote.