The Luftwaffe 1946 Group Build

So would there be any interest in a Luft 46 group build out there?

Of course, the important thing to do as well would be to make up a story to go along with the build too!!

Equally, there might be none - but you never know!

Edited by Chris Jephcott

So there is a bit of interest! I was thinking along the lines of having the aircraft painted up in unit markings and having a little campaign story ready to describe when the builds were representing. Of course that would be strictly voluntary though - the most important thing is that it would be good fun.

And as we all know, the Luft 46 stuff is generally very interesting and unusual shapes and designs.

I could be convinced by this one... I have a couple of paper projects in my stash... could it be widened to incorporate other arms within the Reich '46? I have some rather tasty tanks too :)

I could be convinced by this one... I have a couple of paper projects in my stash... could it be widened to incorporate other arms within the Reich '46? I have some rather tasty tanks too :)

Now that's an idea.......................

Andy.

Ok, I'm not actually aversed to even having paper projects from the German Armed Forces from 1945 onwards. So it could include tanks and weaponry too!

In that case I'd probably rename this thread: The Wehrmacht - 1946 onwards. That way it would incorporate all different aspects of the German Armed Forces from 1946 onwards.

For inspiration, here's a photo or two:

b188-2.jpg

bsch2-2.jpg

j287-1.jpg

Ok then...

Just got back from a nice week of walking in the Lake District and I have the following interested so far:

1/ Chris Jephcott

2/ Smuts (cohost)

3/ Mottlemaster

4/ Wyverns4

5/ WBK666

6/ ArnieC

7/ TonyGol

8/ Mike

9/ CPNGroats

10/ Mikkel

11/ DJ Prest

Not bad for a little start actually... hope this one might gain a bit of momentum! :)

Edited by Chris Jephcott

• 3 weeks later...

Count me in!

Now, what to build:

Do217E & Me328 Mistel

Lippisch LI.P.13B

Horten Ho 229A-1

Horten Ho 229 Twin seat Night Fighter

Arado E.555 Strategic Bomber

Blohm & Voss BV P 194

He162 A-2 & Arado E377a Mistel

Arado Ar234 Blitz

or what to buy:

Lippisch P.13B

Messerschmitt Me 328A AND Messerschmitt Me 328B 'Jagdflu'

Fw.Zerstorer P.II Leitwork

Henschel Hs 132 with Junkers Jumo 004 engine

Zeppelin 'Rammer' and Lippisch Gleiter Bombenflugzeug

Arado Ar E.581-4

Blohm-und-Voss Bv 155V-1

Messerschmitt Me 328A Pulsejet Fighter

Blohm-und-Voss Bv P.213

Heinkel He P. 1080

Blohm & Voss Bv P. 209

Too many choices!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Count me in too, please.

I'm thinking of the old Revell Arado Ar E555 (the one with the box top showing Manhattan) or possibly an Anigrand Craftswork E. 581-4 (which would be my first ever attempt at an entirely resin kit). Both in 1/72nd.

Philip

Rather than wait for this one to gain sufficient numbers then find a space in the crowded calendar can I tempt to you chaps to join the What-if II GB?

I will be involved in a largish project for the Me109 single type G/B 1st November 2012 to 3rd February 2013so this would overlap which isnt ideal for me , however if the concenses is for the idea i could manage it .