F/A-18 Hornet Single type Group Build

Thanks Mish and welcome to the F/A-18 Hornet Group Build.

You have myself, Ruari (Parabat) and Les (Wellzy) as hosts.

Not sure what i'll enter yet, possibly a Canadian CF-18 and either a US Navy E or F model. Have both in the stash but will probably build one before the GB starts!

Dave

Interested members:

1. DaveJL

2. Parabat

3. Wellzy

4. Paul J

5. SaintsPhil

6. Peter W

7. Mish

8 Frank Fontaine

9. Bandwagon106

10. Charley420

11. theplasticsurgeon

12. arnobiz

13. Shaun

14. Nimrod54

15. Girorgio N

16. Hardtarget

17. Enzo Matrix

18. Jabba

Edited by DaveJL

Interested members:

1. DaveJL

2. Parabat

3. Wellzy

4. Paul J

5. SaintsPhil

6. Peter W

7. Mish

8 Frank Fontaine

9. Bandwagon106

10. Charley420

11. theplasticsurgeon

12. arnobiz

13. Shaun

14. Nimrod54

15. Girorgio N

16. Hardtarget

17. Enzo Matrix

I think that you have missed me out?

Well, I mooched into town yesterday to look at buying a kit, and ended buying a Italeri 1:72 kit for C or D variants. It's the variant that I wanted as I think I prefer the smaller, more rounded intakes as oppsed to the huge box like one's on the Super Hornet.

Downside is that a look at the quality of the kit doesn't meet my expectations in terms of moulded detail, plus it's possibly a little small at that scale but it's all they had and to be fair it was only £8. I think this one will be used as a practice run while I hunt for another, larger, kit. Lots of things to learn to get myself up to the very high standard of what's on display on these here boards!

Plus this one doesn't come with a pilot and I want to model mine on the deck of a carrier lined up to the catapult and ready for take off.

Updated list:

1. DaveJL

2. Parabat

3. Wellzy

4. Paul J

5. SaintsPhil

6. Peter W

7. Mish

8 Frank Fontaine

9. Bandwagon106

10. Charley420

11. theplasticsurgeon

12. arnobiz

13. Shaun

14. Nimrod54

15. Girorgio N

16. Hardtarget

17. Enzo Matrix

18. Jabba

19. mungo1974

Well, I mooched into town yesterday to look at buying a kit, and ended buying a Italeri 1:72 kit for C or D variants. It's the variant that I wanted as I think I prefer the smaller, more rounded intakes as oppsed to the huge box like one's on the Super Hornet.

Downside is that a look at the quality of the kit doesn't meet my expectations in terms of moulded detail, plus it's possibly a little small at that scale but it's all they had and to be fair it was only £8. I think this one will be used as a practice run while I hunt for another, larger, kit. Lots of things to learn to get myself up to the very high standard of what's on display on these here boards!

Plus this one doesn't come with a pilot and I want to model mine on the deck of a carrier lined up to the catapult and ready for take off.

Have a look for a Hasegawa Hornet, or failing that, the Hobbyboss Hornet. All the yummy detail you can eat! Worth the extra fish in the long run.

Had a visit to the loft today, to check what I had in stock.

My Hornets nest!

Hornetnest.jpg

Not sure what to do yet, but I have a few to choose from! :evil_laugh:

Shaun.

I officially have Bug envy, that is a gorgeous collection, some super kits there Shaun.

Have a look for a Hasegawa Hornet, or failing that, the Hobbyboss Hornet. All the yummy detail you can eat! Worth the extra fish in the long run.

The academy c/d is the best in 72nd in my opinion.

Can I join in this one too please?

I have about 8 aftermarket decal sheets for various anniversaries of the Canadian Air Force for my collection of unbuilt Revell kits. This build will spur me on to do some of them.

Gary

I'll be up for this, have got the F/A-18E scheme left over from my Tophatters anniversary decals that I got for the F-14 GB at the beginning of the year. :D

Gives me plenty of time to get the right kit together too lol

Roit, based on the advice of those above me I've decided that my entry will be a Hobbtboss F/A-18C; that way I can aim for that awesome eagle livery as I'm a big Philadelphia Eagles fan too :D

Time will tell if this is to OOB or fiddled with...

Sorry, should havesaid that Hasegawa or Hobbyboss would be my choice in 1/48... ;)

Im a fan of the hobbyboss, As its pretty much half the price lol, i think its a pretty good rendition of the faithfull bug,

I officially have Bug envy, that is a gorgeous collection, some super kits there Shaun.

I've been collecting Bugs for awhile, Last purchase was the Growler.

I may post the content of the 1/32nd kit box, the aftermarket bits have out priced the original kit!!

Don't think the Academy Hornet will be a 12 week build. :rolleyes:

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

• 5 months later...

I'm in. Probably doing a CoNA scheme on a legacy Hornet from the TwoBobs sheets, but may do a RCAF bird instead. Kit will likely be the Academy in 1/72, although I do have one original Hasegawa F/A-18A kit I'm going to use for a particular CoNA scheme.