ERMT-1 - Extended Routemaster Trolleybus (Version 1)

well take a look here

Well I never!! Good April Fool though. I have never seen these images, but the similarity is uncanny. I was going to go with the trolleybus symbol on the front too, but it's obvious what the bus is. I have still given mine the Routemaster name. Version 1 has been added to the decal to show that this is the first vehicle of it's type to hit the road.

Now you've spoilt it, he'll have to respray the roof and alter the grille!

Staying as is...now! lol! dark roof to hide the carbon deposits from the poles. Grill plate being my own idea, decal wise.

What, its not real.......

I must say i think the model is much better than the photo-shop version, much more routemaster trolly!

Thanks for your kind words. The trolley still has much more detail to be added externally. Gonna be attempting the staircase tomorrow. it's going to be green like the seating backs and interior panels.

David.

I do like the mud flaps on the real deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gives it a bit of life underneath !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is uncanny how close your model is to the photos shopped pic (BLOODY GOOD PHOTO SHOP AT THAT) !!!!!!!!!!!!! What are your thoughts David ?????????

But Rich has proved the old saying ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "You wait ages for a bus coming ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and then two come at the same time !!!!!!!!!! "

Looking forward to the finale on your David !!!!!!

Nige

I do like the mud flaps on the real deal !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gives it a bit of life underneath !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is uncanny how close your model is to the photos shopped pic (BLOODY GOOD PHOTO SHOP AT THAT) !!!!!!!!!!!!! What are your thoughts David ?????????

But Rich has proved the old saying ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, "You wait ages for a bus coming ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and then two come at the same time !!!!!!!!!! "

Looking forward to the finale on your David !!!!!!

Nige

Hi Nige

I still have loads to do, but she is slowly coming together. I still have the roof details, underneath, top deck and stairs to do. the front grill cover i just created myself. it's not perfect, but ok for hand finish. The biggest job/final job will be the cutting and fitting of the window glass. Luckily I have plenty spare panes.

Glad you are liking my build so far

David

p.s. the mud flaps have not been forgotten and as for the photoshop images...well they are cool. I like the fact that somebodyelse had already thought about a RM Trolley

Edited by Model69

Talk about real life (or whatiffery) following art....

Whilst the model is still a fantastic piece of invention and skill, I'd take issue with the extra cream banding and the black outlining. By the time the Routemaster entered service Chiswick had standardised everything for each model (RT, RF, RM) so as to reduce the range of spares as much as possible and this applied to panels and beading. Black outlining defeated the object of the Chiswick and Aldenham spray booths and had the trolleys survived, even the older vehicles would have had the extra creambands and the outlining removed.

The cream, for the era, should be a tad more yellow -refer to photos of preserved vehicles (RMs and RTs) in 1950s colours, the wheels should be the standard LT deep rusty red and the roof should have a tint of the wheel colour in the black.

Finally, don't forget the lifeguard rails between the wheels as you finish this masterpiece.

• Like 1

Talk about real life (or whatiffery) following art....

Whilst the model is still a fantastic piece of invention and skill, I'd take issue with the extra cream banding and the black outlining. By the time the Routemaster entered service Chiswick had standardised everything for each model (RT, RF, RM) so as to reduce the range of spares as much as possible and this applied to panels and beading. Black outlining defeated the object of the Chiswick and Aldenham spray booths and had the trolleys survived, even the older vehicles would have had the extra creambands and the outlining removed.

The cream, for the era, should be a tad more yellow -refer to photos of preserved vehicles (RMs and RTs) in 1950s colours, the wheels should be the standard LT deep rusty red and the roof should have a tint of the wheel colour in the black.

Finally, don't forget the lifeguard rails between the wheels as you finish this masterpiece.

I understand what you are telling me, but again I have gone with what looks good to me. To hell with the maintenance side of it...lol! I kinda knew you would say something along those lines, but I respect your observation and always look forward to your comments. I did want to keep some of the riveting strips on the front, but I spent so much time sanding and smoothing, that the detail was virtually impossible to bring back, unless you have the patience to strip beading from another panel/with rivets and glue to the cab panels- without a hint of glue residue. I tried it and failed miserably. So the smooth look had to stay. It's not finished yet regarding detail though. I will also still thicken up two of the inner window supports that run down from the electrical gear on the roof. Still lots of detail on the electrics/poles....

David

Thats a fantastic build for you :goodjob:

A fantastic watching experience for us :goodjob:

I notice that he bus has upon it "version 1".Does this mean that there is going to be a version 2. Dun!!!dun!!! dun!!!. :ninja:

• Like 1

Thats a fantastic build for you :goodjob:

A fantastic watching experience for us :goodjob:

I notice that he bus has upon it "version 1".Does this mean that there is going to be a version 2. Dun!!!dun!!! dun!!!. :ninja:

Hello

Version 1 means that there is a Version 2 in the wings. Version 2 is a mystery in the world of "Whatiffery" - to you folks anyway :winkgrin:

A bit more detail underneath her. This is my depiction of electrical motors. I know most of it normally lies just before the rear wheels, but my world of imagination has placed it further forward, filling the space at front. Reason being that I wanted the rear double independent suspension free from clutter. think it looks convincing enough. Wasn't going to bother doing anything more with it, but the urge kicked in to do something. i think it looks rather ok...

5y6j4001.jpg

Panel at front is another service panel, adding to the one on the nose

5y6j4002.jpg

5y6j4003.jpg

5y6j4006.jpg

5y6j4007.jpg

Edited by Model69

My trolley has really come to a halt now . Busy moving today. Hopefully something to show on here next weekend. I'm getting trolley withdrawal symptoms

p.s. and my car still isn't running! bloody immobilizer has to be re-confgured

Edited by Model69