ERMT-1 - Extended Routemaster Trolleybus (Version 1)

Fantastic paint job, what red did you use?

Fantastic paint job

Hello there. Well I used a spray from Hobbycraft. It's just called Bright Red. I picked this one out of sheer choice from the lid. It just looked right. The RM I did before this was a little too dark in colour. It was recommended to me. So this time I just went with my own thoughts. The colour actually has a hint of orange with it, in certain light. Now when I look at images of Trolleybuses with London Transport. They too seem to have the orange look. Anyway I think it looks ok. I did get some slight orange peel on some side panels, but this should polish out when the paint is hard enough. The rest will be covered by adverts. The front cab has come out rather well too. I spent ages on that cab getting all the imperfections out. I have lights to add back and various other bits with the blanking panel. Will be a while now before you see anymore images.

Cheers!

David.

I couldn't resist doing some more on her today. Wheels worked on, roof worked on, seating partly done inside. Will take some more images of interior when lighting is better. I hope you like. I managed to get a good gloss on the paint. Remember she is only loosely taped together, so panels are not sitting were they are suppose to..

ryjykry030.jpg

Paneling looks different colours from the image, but it isn't. just the angle of the panels that aren't sitting right.

ryjykry026.jpg

Poles and guiders not worked on yet. Will be much more detailed than this..

ryjykry020.jpg

Arches will be gloss black eventually, but with water based paint to prevent chemical reaction

ryjykry015.jpg

Loads of detailing to be done here

ryjykry011.jpg

Looks bare on the front, but just watch this space

ryjykry033.jpg

ryjykry017.jpg

One of the side panels is slightly orange peel, but should polish out when hardened

ryjykry035.jpg

Interior is what I call WW2 Green, Diamond white roofing - images to come soonish

ryjykry025.jpg

Edited by Model69

Wow, this is getting better every day. Amazing work!

Stefan

Cheers Stefan. I get so carried away with it. I was suppose to be out getting some exercise today, but ended up doing her instead. The bus that is....lol!

Really looking good now. Found an outlet for the primer, but they are out of stock! Wonder why?

Hello

I purchased 3 more cans from Poundworld. They had loads in stock. I think they sell the same primer in most pound shops. The matt black i used on the roof is also from same place....and that's a great finish.

David.

Edited by Model69

Most of the lower deck interior done. I love the green with part leather and RM Tartan. Kinda reminds me of the old 38 Tube stock, which I love too...

at4rh3e5j010.jpg

at4rh3e5j011.jpg

at4rh3e5j008.jpg

Seating not glued in place yet...

at4rh3e5j005.jpg

I'm rather pleased so far....

at4rh3e5j014.jpg

Edited by Model69

Does that come in a rattle can or do you have to air/brush it?

It's a rattle can job. Had 3 coats within 4 hours......otherwise you have to wait 3 days before coating again. I'm pleased with the finish. Still more to add to the exterior yet. Adding the additional lights to the front. Will have to scratch the paint back to fix them. They had to be removed due to sanding/filling issues. It drove me mad trying to get it right.

I do hope you all like my chosen colour scheme?

That looks just soooooooooooooooooo right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not so much a what-iffer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More a should-have-beener !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I once tried to paint the Bisset tartan !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used a tin of Campbell and a tin of McDonald tartan !!!!!!! I got the impression that the two did not mix well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a bad reaction when the first was sprayed ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it was like they were fighting each other !!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you reckon I should do ??????????

Nigel

• Like 1

That looks just soooooooooooooooooo right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not so much a what-iffer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! More a should-have-beener !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I once tried to paint the Bisset tartan !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I used a tin of Campbell and a tin of McDonald tartan !!!!!!! I got the impression that the two did not mix well !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Got a bad reaction when the first was sprayed ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it was like they were fighting each other !!!!!!!!!!!!!! What do you reckon I should do ??????????

Nigel

Lol! Glad you like the almost finished exterior. I'm really happy with it now.

Thanks

David

Sneak preview!! - Bar stool of a job to get the black outline over the cream. Had to remove the London Transport Logo due to it being too high. Have some more to put on later when painting is done. Loads to do still. Watch this space.....Ignore the area under the front windows. was an idea that has now been removed. I also have top lights there now, under the cab windows. More images to come soon...

ykjyuja008.jpg

ykjyuja004.jpg

ykjyuja005.jpg

ykjyuja001.jpg

Edited by Model69