1/48 - Bell UH-1C Huey by Hobby Boss - released - engine set by Black Box

Homebee

Source: http://www.hobbyboss...2/0706/868.html

UH-1C Huey Helicopter

The Bell UH-1 Iroquois, commonly known as the "Huey", is a multipurpose military helicopter, was developed from 1955 US Army trials with the Bell Model 204. The initial designation of HU-1 (helicopter utility) led to its nickname, Huey. It was first used by the military in 1959 and went into tri-service production in 1962 as the UH-1. The last were produced in 1976 with more than 16,000 made in total, of which about 7,000 saw use during the Vietnam War and famous for its use in the Vietnam War.

Item No: 85803 Item

Name: UH-1C Huey Helicopter

Bar Code: 6939319258038

Scale: 1:48 Model

Dimension: Length: 272.6mm Rotor Diameter : 255mm

Total Plastic Parts: 30+ Total Sprues: 2 sprues , left fuselage and right fuselage

Camouflage Scheme: US Army

Released Date: 2012-06

More Features:

- The kit consists of over 30 parts , includes 5 clear parts for canopy

- fuselage with finely engraved panel lines

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee

Thanks for the heads-up, however I don't see much increase if any in quality/level of detail over the exsiting Monogram/Revel kit. Initaial impressions are that there are no collective pitch levers, the pilot/co-pilots seats are very clunky and the cockpit and cabin doors are positioned closed. The decals too aren't anything of a revelation.

I think Hobby-Boss may have missed a golden opportunity to give us a definitive Huey, what a pity! Scaling down the Dragon 35 th kit would have been a better idea.

Colin on the Africa Station

Thanks for the heads-up, however I don't see much increase if any in quality/level of detail over the exsiting Monogram/Revel kit. Initaial impressions are that there are no collective pitch levers, the pilot/co-pilots seats are very clunky and the cockpit and cabin doors are positioned closed. The decals too aren't anything of a revelation.

I think Hobby-Boss may have missed a golden opportunity to give us a definitive Huey, what a pity! Scaling down the Dragon 35 th kit would have been a better idea.

Colin on the Africa Station

Furthermore, the UH-1C was designed as a gunship (in fact one of the kit options IS for a gunship), yet there are no weapons or even pylons supplied, detail is far inferior to the 1977 Monogram UH-1C (or whatever variant it is supposed to represent) so what's the bloody point of this release??? :rant:

Edited by Panoz

Was interested when the news came out a few months back but after seeing it's a simplified easy kit I'll be sticking with my Monogram kits.

Paul Harrison

Furthermore, the UH-1C was designed as a gunship (in fact one of the kit options IS for a gunship), yet there are no weapons or even pylons supplied, detail is far inferior to the 1977 Monogram UH-1C (or whatever variant it is supposed to represent) so what's the bloody point of this release??? :rant:

The point is its not designed for us "serious" modellers, its an easy assemble kit for a reason. I just got the P-51D for a review (watch this space) they are nice kits but simple. These bridge the gap between snap together kits and more complex models. More aimed at children I think, or even maybe the diecast crowd who might buy a simpler model. The P-51D looks like it might go together without glue.

Julien

• 3 months later...
  • 5 years later...