Obsolete Kit Group build

They're mine! :lol:But seriously... Airfix old tool and Matchbox. Monogram Typhoon Issued 1968. replaced by Hasegawa.Airfix Dauntless. DittoAirfix Hampden Issued 1968. Replaced by Valom.So they're all in!As for the Stirling, I'd be inclined to include it if no one else has any objections.

Age alone gets it a qualification really I'd say.

Thanks Enzo/Col, I would like to build the Stirling (another one beat me years ago) and possibly the Dauntless as a bit of a warm up!

Rob.

I have a FROG Dornier Do17 and was thinking OOB with Battle of Britain markings. Would that count?

All the Dornier Do 17Z kits seem to have been released in 1968. Nothing since then. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

However, I'm going to say that the modern RS Models Do 17P is a suitable replacement! :D

So it's in.

Edited by Enzo Matrix

Of course the organised of us, have paints required all ready, a build plan and schedule mapped out, showing photo opportunities to log the work in progress with dramatic shots showing superb detailing.

Alternatively we can have a mad panic on the day it starts and not know how to upload photos, find the damn kit in the first place or better find its incomplete despite the numerous times you have checked it previously

No prizes for guessing which one i am !

Ps Rich is the rough tough man from the outback really posting about using nail files earlier on in this thread ?

• Like 1

Alternatively we can have a mad panic on the day it starts and not know how to upload photos, find the damn kit in the first place or better find its incomplete despite the numerous times you have checked it previously

I am this!!!

Pete

Hi All,

I'm a newbie here, and would like to participate in this GB. Stash-wise I'm a bit limited and feel it is a choice between a Monogram 1:48 scale Hawker Typhoon, a newly bought Airfix Dauntless, Airfix Stirling (does this count as Italeri are releasing a new Stirling soon?) or an Airfix Handley Page Hampden.

Regards,

Rob.

Welcome bobster!

Here's one of my entries.

Airfix Skyraider. Plus an awful lot of resin... :lol: Not shown are the QB pylons set and Rob Taurus replacement canopy.

A-1bits.jpg

Is it actually worthwhile actually chucking that amount of good resin at this obsolete kit?

I dunno... it may be a waste. But it's my kit and I'm gonna do it anyway. Just try and stop me. :tease:

• Like 1

You go for it Enzo!

I think I must have the easiest kit of all of us at the minute - the base kit is about 22 parts!!

Pete

Blimey it's nearly time then.

I'll dig out my Novo Beaufighter and make sure I have all the bits!

Has anyone suggested a new one in the Airfix 2014 thread yet?

Trevor

I don't think anyone's mentioned it so far. Great idea, though!

Here's one of my entries.

Airfix Skyraider. Plus an awful lot of resin... :lol: Not shown are the QB pylons set and Rob Taurus replacement canopy.

A-1bits.jpg

Is it actually worthwhile actually chucking that amount of good resin at this obsolete kit?

I dunno... it may be a waste. But it's my kit and I'm gonna do it anyway. Just try and stop me. :tease:

Depends how good you are! :P

regards,

Martin

Edited by mike romeo

I know how you feel Mish. Didn't get chance to stop by and say hello as I was working on Mainly Military's stand, Phil doesn't let us loose for long! Not helped by the doors opening even later than last year!

Keep up the good work, it's greatly appreciated :mike: