Italeri quick build Sherman III

Hope it's okay if I chip in with a little one - been 'hors de combat' for a couple of months with trapped nerves limiting use of the old right arm - satisfying the styrene addiction with some easybuild kits (notably pegasus models' nice KV tanks) so thought I'd pop in Italeri's quickbuild Sherman III as my meagre contribution. Intended primarily for wargamers, I think they make up quite nicely. The obvious problem's the one-piece running gear (although with my current problem with fiddly bits I'm finding it an advantage) - moulding restrictions - I guess - mean that there's no detail on the face of the tracks and the guide teeth are missing - both very noticeble omissions. But as this is going to be clobbered together with even less finesse than my usual efforts, I'll just classify it as an OOB build and leave it at that. Alemein livery, camo or plain? not decided yet. This is what you get in the box, twice.

002-7.jpg

Bit like a glorified cereal box premium - which I quite like, in a nostalgic way. Some crisp detail, all the same.

007-1.jpg

And a bit of sand splodged all over. This shouldn't be a long build...

016.jpg

Thanks for looking!

A bit of progress... by which I mean I spent 4 minutes putting the bits together. Filters and drybrushing (We call washes filters now - right?). Used turps for the filter which caused the paint to craze in places. I quite like the effect but couldn't reproduce it deliberately... Smidge of filler at the join at the front of the hull but that's the only non OOB thing I'm doing. Pin washes next and attempting to pick out the detail.

013-2.jpg

009-1.jpg

004-5.jpg

That came together quickly! Though I think I may have more parts for my 1/35 commander's hatch than you had for the whole model :lol:

There looks to be some nice detail on this and the washes should bring that out nicely.

Cheers,

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

wee update - job / domestic requirementsintervening over the past few weeks but I'm still in there! Got therear decking cockade applied (from the rereleased Airfix FaireyBattle as I'm planning to do the Greek markings), sealed andweathered, just a bit of detail painting and it's done. Shame aboutthe crinkled paint - the photography actually makes this look a lotmore noticeable than it actually is so I'm not going to stress aboutit. This must be the longest ten-minute build ever...

015-1.jpg