1/48 Harrier GR.7, ZG479, Op Telic, 2003.

Hello all,

Here is my first entry for this GB; Hasegawa 1/48 Harrier GR.7, marked as ZG479 '69' during Operation Telic in 2003.

The kit:

IMG_2498.jpg

IMG_2499.jpg

Decals:

IMG_2500.jpg

Aftermarket:

IMG_2502.jpg

Reference material:

IMG_2503.jpg

In terms of aftermarket I have the MA decal sheets, resin FOD inserts, Orion self adhesive canopy det cord, AMRAAM line extended refuelling probe, TIALD and Paveway ll's, Wolfpack TIALD pylon and BL775's from an Airfix Jaguar. I also plan to add a Pavla cockpit, Aires exhaust nozzles and a 100% LERX, either from TwoMikes or A2Zee. Might also pop in a etched boarding ladder too!

Build 2 and maybe a 3rd will be up soon.

Dave

Edited by DaveJL
  • Like 1

Good choice Dave, have you built one of theses before? There's a bit of a trick to getting the front end onto the rear with a good match for the intakes. It was in Airfix model world a while back, I can dig the article out if you want?

Good choice Dave, have you built one of theses before? There's a bit of a trick to getting the front end onto the rear with a good match for the intakes. It was in Airfix model world a while back, I can dig the article out if you want?

I did Phil, a Revell GR-9 boxing and had a nightmare with the wing/lerx/fuselage connection! That article could be handy if you don't mind...

Cheers

Dave

Nice choice Dave ,

I have one to build some time so will be looking

at this one for some tips

Les

Thanks mate, glad it falls within the criteria!!

Hope I can do it justice and provide you with some useful info.

Cheers

Dave

I tried to scan that article, but for some reason our printer won't scan until I change the ink!! Not sure where the logic is there...

I know you'll be keen to get going so I'll try and summarise the main points later!

Phil

I tried to scan that article, but for some reason our printer won't scan until I change the ink!! Not sure where the logic is there...

I know you'll be keen to get going so I'll try and summarise the main points later!

Phil

No problem Phil. The ink provided by ChocksAway covers everything i think!

Dave

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, B-1B is coming along nicely so i'll be cracking on with this soon enough. All the aftermarket has arrived so here is the final shot before it all gets ripped open!

IMG_2757.jpg

Looking forward to getting started at last :lol:

Dave

• Like 1

Dave,

Where did you get your canopy det cord from? Going to be 'tackling' the Has Harrier next project after the Tamiya Honda CBR1100.

ATB.............

Det cord was from Spruebrothers in the US. Only place I could find it! It's currently out of stock, but they tend to re-stock quickly: det cord

Dave

Det cord was from Spruebrothers in the US. Only place I could find it! It's currently out of stock, but they tend to re-stock quickly: det cord

Dave

Thanks Dave.....looking forward to your build....I'm a few weeks behind you! ATB

Edited by Riggers