1/48 Revell B-17G

More done today and she's just about ready for priming. Had a bit of filling and sanding to do along the fuselage join line, but nothing too taxing. After that i added the tail gunner section and it's glazing, the windshield and various other clear parts. After they set, the wings went on:

IMG_2914.jpg

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2916.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

Couple more small bits to add, then i'll mask off all the glazing, engines, wheel wells etc and get a lick of paint on later this week.

More to come.

Dave

More to show today. The kit is just drying out at the moment after a good lick of paint so might be able to show pictures later this evening.

Here she is all masked up and ready to go:

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2924.jpg

Was primed this morning and as i said the paint is on as i type this and should be dry within the hour. Only noticed when i was spraying that I forgot to mask one window :banghead:

More to come.

Dave

Ok here's the painted article:

IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

IMG_2934.jpg

All over chrome silver. Not sure wether to leave it as it is or to alter the tone of some panels and dirty it up a bit...

Next up is to paint the anti glare panels on the engines and in front of the windshield along with a red patch on the tail and a few other odds and sods.

More to come.

Dave

Looking good! She is comming nicely together now. I would spray some panels in a different tone so it's not one monotone colour , but that is all up to you. I can't wait to see the decals on!

Cheers,

Looking good! She is comming nicely together now. I would spray some panels in a different tone so it's not one monotone colour , but that is all up to you. I can't wait to see the decals on!

Cheers,

Thanks Arnold. I think i will add some panel differentiation to break it up a tad.

Dave

A bit more to show. Painted some panels in a different shade of silver and used masking tape to get a faded effect in other areas. Looks quite worn now and so the weathering should finish it off nicely. Also painted the anti-glare panels and the red portion of the tail:

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

Next up is to gloss it and add decals.

More to come.

Dave