1:35 Academy Warrior, Infantry Fighting Vehicle

• 3 weeks later...
Bored now....

Bah, get back on it!, no whinging! One of the greatest "pleasures" of AFV modelling is doing all the wheels, second only to assembling hundred of tiny tank tracks!!!

Heh, I'm just a bloody glutton for punishment...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've started flower arranging.... :D

d62a803b.jpg

All the road wheel tyres now painted.

I will also be taking some 'arty' photos of this build as I have been asked to provide some sample photos of my work for possible future magazine inclusion. So forgive me if I post them here as well.

1b47e255.jpg

Idle and drive wheels to do now

I see Rommel`s keeping a eye on things ,keep thinking about doing a firefly but all them wheels

think I will stay with things with wings ,good start good luck .

Les

First off sorry about the crap photos, I forgot to adjust the white balance on the camera.

\as you can see I have been cracking on with the build and now have the upper hull in place and today have been attaching all the hatches, eyes etc. All was going well till I started to fit the 'up armour' as you can see Academy made a big c**k up.

655b3c83.jpg

13f0ca3e.jpg

As you can see the error is in alignment to the order of about 3 mm.

So after a bit of head scratching and some plastic 'butchery' I acheived this

754dcc6f.jpg

Overall shot of where I'm at

e289be03.jpg

and now the 'arty' magazine style photos

c0d2b55b.jpg

6840c119.jpg

More tomorrow...

Glad you managed to sort out the mismatch in the front! Good luck with the "arty" photos - mine have improved dramatically since I bought that inexpensive photo-booth from Maplins!

Looks very good

perhaps its just the photos but I think it needs a bit more weathering to bring it to its best, check this out

http://www.diorama.r.../dioramas/1390/

especially photo 7

he has chipped and panel washed to bring out some differences

you could also try the oil dot technique, using yellows, oranges etc to give a variation

also one last suggestion, the barrel looks too bright, again perhaps its just the flash but I think it should be darkened down.

Edited by delta7

Personally, that example delta7 links too has gone way to far in the weathering - looks more like a cartoon version of a Warrior than a scale replica! However some of what he's done with washes and filters might give some more texture to your version, just don't take it quite as far as this example...

Thanks guys, as my armour builds are few and far between, probably only 1 in 10 I'm not disposed to buying washes and oils and the like. Plus I model on a tight budget. This build is not of a war weary piece of armour, bearing in mind these vehicles were painted and shipped out to Saudi where they sad and then made a very quick flanking manoeuvre to the west of Kuwait. There wasn't a lot of time for them to get chipped, sandy yes. I have based my build on the numerous photos I have found on the web. She now has had two more colours of sand pigment added.

I'm afraid she doesn't photograph that well. the yellow of the lights counteracting the yellows of the pigments and the vehicle colour. the lat photos are not the finished article else they would have been in the gallery.

For my first bit of desert armour I'm more than happy.

Okay, hopefully this is a slightly better picture, I think I still need more light

be08b77f.jpg

And I made a start on the base tonight

82b79532.jpg

50be05c0.jpg

8ca6ac34.jpg

add283af.jpg

7cb85ab6.jpg

Please bear in mind that the base is still wet and the colours may be a bit out as the photos was taken with my point and shoot that has limited white balance correction.