Boeing 737-200 and 737-500

Has these 2 lying around for several weeks 'almost finished' so cracked on and completed them today.

The decal sheet is Lima Novembers sheet for the 2 'Sommerflyet' (Summer Plane) schemes used by Braathens on the -200 in 1998 and the -500 in 1990. You get all the decals to do both aircraft on the sheet, with optional door outlines for the Daco and Minicraft -500.

The -200 is the airfix kit more or less straight from the box. I sanded all the panel lines off and rescribed, and built up the windshield with strip frames and Microscal krystal kleer to make the glazing. The engines I left alone.

The -500 was more work. Despite an intensive search I could not find a Daco/Skyline one anywhere, they seem to be well and truly sold out everywhere.

So, I got a Daco/Skyline -300 and chopped it down to a -500. (Now you can't find the -300 kit anywhere. If you see any Daco 737's anywhere, buy them!).

Well he we are, for one reason or another I have not finished much lately but at least these 2 have cleared off the bench;

The Airfix 737-200;

737f5.jpg

737f6.jpg

737f7.jpg

The Daco/Skyline 737-500;

737f1.jpg

737f2.jpg

737f3.jpg

737f4.jpg

And the 2 of them together. The 'Flower' patterns are actually completely different.

737f8.jpg

737f9.jpg

At least the Mrs doesn't mind me putting these on the living room bookcase!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Hei John,

Lovely models ! I'm very happy to see that someone is actually using my decals.

Of course I cant complain, after all I have produced more then 50 different decals,

and have only built 3 of them myself...

Happy modelling,

Ruben

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Superbly executed.