Group Build Chat

A big welcome from Me ,Chris and Phil and thanks to Mish for letting us do this Group Build so we can Help our Hero`s

Les

I'll echo that, welcome, and thansk to Mish for bending the rules to fit this one in!

There was some discussion about auctioning the finished models to raise more funds for H4H, I'm going to set up a thread shortly to discuss ideas, but its deffinately not a pre-requisit to the GB, just an option.

Have we registered the GB with H4H? Might help them and us. Just a thought.

Hi Mish

Did that back in February

Les

Edited by wellzy

Right all, I got the H4H medal decals this morning. Right first thing first! IM NOT MAKING ANY MONEY ON THESE AT ALL. They are £1.07 each inc postage. I have had these custom made for this GB so let me know if you want any. But if you buy more than one, you will only get charged for postage once. The decal is no larger than a 5p coin

7fca291a.jpg

Sorry all, but due to a number of different issues I'm going to be unable to take part in this GB. I'm off to stay with my daughter this weekend and as she's her employer's charity representative & their charity of the year is H4H I shall give her my entry fee in lieu of not being able to participate. In fact I'll double my entry fee as I feel so bad about not taking part....

All the best to everyone building something, I hope all your models go well!!

Keef

PS, Les I still have those H4H stickers, if you want them can you let me have your address by PM again please & I'll get them in the post to you.

I've been searching the stash for something relevant and have pulled out an Airfix Canberra PR.9 to do in the ARTF scheme used over Afghanistan.

I'll get the entrance fee off tonight.

I'm just waiting for some bits from Accurate Armour for my Defender XD WMIK before I can start a thread. I intend to add to small diorama with a Defender 110 Hardtop or Challenger 2.

• 2 months later...

Well we have a month to go, has any more thought been given to weather or not we are going to hold an auction? I know we talked about this before the start of the GB.

If we do go ahead with it how will we do it. I suppose we could do it on BM but I will need to talk to Mike first to make sure it's okay, or we could do it on ebay but we wouldn't un current forum rules be allowed to link to the auctions again if we went this way we might be able to get special dispensation from Mike.

Anyway what are peoples thoughts?

Thanks Mish, that was my job to sort, but I got distracted building my entries!!

As it happens Evilbay has a free listing weekend this weekend so I might try selling my Harrier on there this weekend, as a trial run!

What' are the general thoughts on this, are people keen to auction their entires? I'm more than happy to sell mine (I built it with that in mind) and donate all the money to H4H but equally I can understand if others don't want to.

Phil

I'm sure you're entry will sell very well! Be nice to make H4H a good pot of cash!

I've sold a few kits on eBay recently, the right subjects seem to go for a decent amount, but it's a bit hit and miss.

Beauty of free listing is you can set the start price without getting charged.

My thoughts for choosing eBay over an auction on here was I assumed most members, being modellers, would rather build than buy built. The buyers I have had dealings with tend to either not have the time or the skill to make them so are happy to pay, that or they're gifts etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys there's absolutely no pressure to auction builds! It wasn't a prerequisite of the GB in anyway. I just fancied having a go at selling mine with the aim of raising some more funds for H4H.

Incidently it went for £20 which I've passed on to be added to the pot!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All as this G/B come,s to a end I would like to say well done to all

that took part , some great modling from all . Look forward to seeing

how much we made for H4H

Thanks to all Les

Edited by wellzy