Welcome to the Help For Heroes GB rules

Welcome to the H4H Group Build , The area covered is U.K Forces in Afghanistan and Iraq from 2003

Entrance fee is £5 per kit. Please PM Chris for details

The rules as follows:

1, No kit can be entered if there is more than 25% built.

2, All entries must have a thread in the G/B Forum area for the entry to be valid

3,There are no restrictions on material or AM products for this G/B

4, The build must be all your on work .

5, No "what if`s " are permitted

6, No pre- painted snap fits .

7, The most important rule is to have FUN .

All the best from Les (wellzy) Chris (cuprar) and Phil (Saintsphil)

Edited by cuprar

Bugger, only from 2007 onward? I thought it was from 2003 onward. My build will not be valid then unfortunately.

Dave

Yeah I thought we was covering from 2003 Desert Sabre (invasion or Iraq) & Operation Telic onwards. Which pretty much rules out my entry :(

Edited by Mish

I can't remember exactly what we decided, I think 2007 was chosen as this is when the charity started, however it was set up to raise money for service men injured in Op Telic and Op Herrick so I would suggest both are allowable? Welzy it's your call ultimately as host

Phil

It's slightly immaterial to me as I currently have nothing that fits ANY of the periods - once the Mods decide, I will have to plan a purchase

I was hoping for 2003 onwards too.

Sorry Guys got a bit mix up with this I was following this ,

"Help for Heroes was founded by Bryn and Emma Parry in October 2007 out of a desire to help the wounded Servicemen and women returning from Afghanistan and Iraq. The message of the charity is simple: We are strictly non political and non critical; we simply want to help. We believe that anyone who volunteers to serve in time of war, knowing that they may risk all, is a hero. These are ordinary people doing extraordinary things and some of them are living with the consequences of their service for life. We may not be able to prevent our soldiers from being wounded, but together we can help them get better".

As such we will limit entries to cover things from just that statement. Anything from UK Forces in those two areas of combat. A Help for Hero's medal sticker (included with the price of the entrance fee) will be display anywhere on the entry. On the model/base or prominent in the final photos.

It was felt that we need to limit the GB as to have it too open will detract from possible future GBs, impinge on current and possible repeat past GBs.

As for content. We have any British aircraft, ship, armour and figure that was in either of the two theatres. I think that's pretty wide. Just off the top of my head we have Nimrods, Tornado GR.3 and F.2, Jaguars, VC-10, Hercules, Victors Buccaneers, Harriers, Warriors, Jackals, Landrovers, Challengers. Ships I have no idea of but there must be a bevy of destroyers and the like.

But it is now 2003

Les

--------------------

Hi all, can every body please PayPal me £5 as a gift or send me a cheque made payable to help for heroes for the same sum please. You will then be entered into this GB. If paying via PayPal I will add up all the funds and send a cheque in myself for the amount and will show the proof. Please pm me for details. Many thanks and don't forget I still have the H4H decals for sale! REMEMBER IM NOT MAKING ANY MONEY OUT IF THE DECALS. YOU PAY WHAT I PAID

Right all, I got the H4H medal decals this morning. Right first thing first! IM NOT MAKING ANY MONEY ON THESE AT ALL. They are £1.07 each inc postage. I have had these custom made for this GB so let me know if you want any. But if you buy more than one, you will only get charged for postage once. The decal is no larger than a 5p coin

7fca291a.jpg

Right guys, I've got a question, Can we (I) start a build thread before we pay our £5? I'm *tight* on cash at the moment, the joys of starting a new business up! However, I will be entering, Just not yet if we have to pay up front.. If I can enter without paying I will get a thread up asap, then pay later on. If not then I will get some cash sent over in the next few weeks and start one then.

Sorry to be a pain...

Radleigh.

Edited by Radleigh

Your £5 fees can be sent to my PayPal mrchrissrogers at yahoo.co.uk marked as a GIFT! Or a cheque to me made out to help for heroes sent to me, pm for addy. If paying via PayPal please leave a message with your user name. NAME'S BELOW HAVE PAID! P= PAYPAL C= CHEQUE

P, Cuprar

P, Jon p

P, Warris

P, Kallisti

P, swordfish fairey

P, Paul

P, AndyC

P, Windy

P, Deacon

P, Shar2

P, Mish

P, RAF Colonel

P, Davejl

P, Saintsphil

P, Delta7

Edited by cuprar

Your £5 fees can be sent to my PayPal mrchrissrogers at yahoo.co.uk marked as a GIFT! Or a cheque to me made out to help for heroes sent to me, pm for addy. If paying via PayPal please leave a message with your user name. NAME'S BELOW HAVE PAID! P= PAYPAL C= CHEQUE

P, Cuprar

P, Jon p

P, Warris

P, Kallisti

P, swordfish fairey

P, Paul

Hopefully you can add me to that list!

Phil

£5 entry fee sent to Cuprar plus a little extra for a decal

I'm going to build a Revell 1/144 C-17 but it will not be started until after holidays, so mid-September

As for content. We have any British aircraft, ship, armour and figure that was in either of the two theatres. I think that's pretty wide. Just off the top of my head we have Nimrods, Tornado GR.3 and F.2, Jaguars, VC-10, Hercules, Victors Buccaneers, Harriers, Warriors, Jackals, Landrovers, Challengers. Ships I have no idea of but there must be a bevy of destroyers and the like.

--------------------

Small detail I know, but no Victors, they went out of service in '93.

I am hoping to get in on this with a 1/48 Harrier - a lot depends on how things pan out at work etc so I may be a late entry; is that OK?

cheers

Rick

Small detail I know, but no Victors, they went out of service in '93.

I am hoping to get in on this with a 1/48 Harrier - a lot depends on how things pan out at work etc so I may be a late entry; is that OK?

cheers

Rick

More the merrier, you can join in anytime between now and the end, leaving your self time to finish of course!

I've chatted with AndyC and he is happy for me also make a Revell 1:144 C-17 Globemaster (only right I ask him as it was his choice first).

This will be a bit of a challenge as my main modelling area is WW2 and lately WW1 Brits and not much this big (Stirling, oh I've got the Victor too).

I'll send the payment in via Paypal before starting though.

Cheers

Deacon

I've chatted with AndyC and he is happy for me also make a Revell 1:144 C-17 Globemaster (only right I ask him as it was his choice first).

This will be a bit of a challenge as my main modelling area is WW2 and lately WW1 Brits and not much this big (Stirling, oh I've got the Victor too).

I'll send the payment in via Paypal before starting though.

Cheers

Deacon

Welcome Deacon

look foeward to your build

Les