A380 Questions

I have been slowly plugging away at mine, but seem unable to achieve any wing droop on the outer part of the wings, despite using gluing techinque, hot water, hairdryer, and sunlight temperatures, oh well time to move on

Now when I look at photos from Airliners.net, I find the corogard on the top of the wings to be quite different to what Revell have, especially on the inboard part

2127535.jpg

Also from this photo there is a distinct difference between the metalic type on 747's, this is just some plain grey, anybody got a decent colour match? FS nimber?

1631865.jpg

and there is no Corogard on the underside

1597621.jpg

Also from the first two photos, it is obvious that the ailerons and elevators drop full down when the power is off

Just curious to what others are doing? :undecided:

• 2 weeks later...

well....if I ever get around to doing mine, pics like these sure help!

no answer to the coro question tho'

not yet anyway...

I wish I was sam chui

• 2 weeks later...
I have been slowly plugging away at mine, but seem unable to achieve any wing droop on the outer part of the wings, despite using gluing techinque, hot water, hairdryer, and sunlight temperatures, oh well time to move on

Now when I look at photos from Airliners.net, I find the corogard on the top of the wings to be quite different to what Revell have, especially on the inboard part

Also from this photo there is a distinct difference between the metalic type on 747's, this is just some plain grey, anybody got a decent colour match? FS nimber?

and there is no Corogard on the underside

Also from the first two photos, it is obvious that the ailerons and elevators drop full down when the power is off

Just curious to what others are doing? :undecided:

Hi Graeme,

To answer your questions in order:

The shape on the Revell instructions seems to only apply to the early A380s used in the test programme. The one in the photos is the current production standard so will be correct for all in-service aircraft.

The coroguard centre on the upper surface of the wing box is officially RAL 7004. The rest of the wing is BAC707 grey. Standard coroguard as on the 747s is an aluminium pigmented finish rather than an actual paint so can come in a million-and-one shades!

You are right, there is no coroguard on the lower wing; these are also BAC707 grey over the whole surface.

The noticeable droop in the ailerons and elevators is probably a result of the new style of hydraulic system used in the A380 which may bleed off the pressure faster. When power is restored to the electric pumps the actuators will power the controls back to the neutral position. A similar, but less pronounced, effect can be seen on the A330/A340 and A320 family which have a conventional hydraulic reservoir system.

Keep plugging away with the wings, I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

HTH,

Jonathan