SAAF Silver Falcons

Gajman

Looks like one of those schemes that calls for plenty of patience...

Unfortunately the pics of the Impala 1 are not visible yet.

:)

Trying to get the curves matching what I see in the photos is requiring a lot of patience as I tape and retape numerous times. Then I think it looks right on both sides and I look at the kit from directly above or in front and realise that they are out of alignment with each other :banghead:

The missing pics should be visible now. Apologies, it was my fault, I edited the pics using the photobucket editor and thought they were saved under the original name but weren't, there was an additional number added.

Gary

Looking good, Gary. I look forward to seeing the colourful one's completed.

My first memories of the Falcons were of an overall silver scheme, number on the tail and a brick red nose (just the tip). This would have been early 80's. Do you have evidence of that or am I imagining things?

Hi Avgass,

Yup, there was a time when they were silver with an orange nose. I'll do Impala 1 in that scheme.

On to my progress report:

Here is a pic of Impala 1 as it is now:

120805_imp1-2.jpg

Impala 2 is also almost complete. I'm relatively happy with it but sadly it is one of those 'nice from far but far from nice' finishes

Here's the 'nice from far' shot.

120805_imp2a-1.jpg

And here's the 'far from nice' shot. I'm going to have to get the magnifying glass and small brush out to do some touching up.

120805_imp2c-1.jpg

Although I must admit that the nose is looking quite good.

120805_imp2b-1.jpg

Thanks for looking and feel free to comment / criticize.

Gary

Edited by Gajman

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses everyone. As this GB closes today I will be unable to complete any of these kits in time. I've just returned from my hols in Spain, did a lot of work on my tan, none on my models. I'll create work in progress threads for these and keep you informed of my progress there.

Gary