spitfire mk xivc 1/48

Very nice Kevin - love the careworn appearance. Also glad to see someone else who sprays their thumbnails!

Kevin you not just done a good job of this kit, but a FANTASTIC job, I viewed W.I.P and as you progressed through the build I knew it was going to finish up being something special and it has.

I have just started the same kit and one thing I know is there is no way it is going to turn out anywhere near as good as yours, thanks for displaying it, one question I would like to ask you is how did to manage the achieve the

hard metal look on the cannons?

Once again a really FANTASTIC looking Spit. well done.

Gordon

Lovely build Kevin, even more so for your 4th model using an airbrush! Great work on the detail painting and weathering too and nice to see what can be done with this model without spending a whole load more money on corrections.

Ditto Andys comments on the airbrushed thumbnail, ended up looking like i have some kind of RLM colour based nail varnish fetish recently, still more respectable than guy liner :)

Keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing what you do to that TA152, I have the hobbyboss one on the next to do list,

Cheers, Stu

Kevin you not just done a good job of this kit, but a FANTASTIC job, I viewed W.I.P and as you progressed through the build I knew it was going to finish up being something special and it has.

I have just started the same kit and one thing I know is there is no way it is going to turn out anywhere near as good as yours, thanks for displaying it, one question I would like to ask you is how did to manage the achieve the

hard metal look on the cannons?

Once again a really FANTASTIC looking Spit. well done.

Gordon

Thank you so much. Glad to know people take notice. The cannons are just drybrushed citedel bolt gun silver over a black base. Been using a citedel dedicated dry brush and its awesome. Then brass and copper on the ammo. Then a develin mud (citedel too) ink wash over to finish.

Thanks again

Kevin

Lovely build Kevin, even more so for your 4th model using an airbrush! Great work on the detail painting and weathering too and nice to see what can be done with this model without spending a whole load more money on corrections.

Ditto Andys comments on the airbrushed thumbnail, ended up looking like i have some kind of RLM colour based nail varnish fetish recently, still more respectable than guy liner :)

Keep up the great work and looking forward to seeing what you do to that TA152, I have the hobbyboss one on the next to do list,

Cheers, Stu

I don't know what you are all on about!!!!! Doesn't everyone wear dodgy chipped silver nail varnish now?? Grazia said its on trend!

I can't wait to start on the ta152. Razor saw at the ready.

Cheers for the comments again

Kevin

Thank you so much. Glad to know people take notice. The cannons are just drybrushed citedel bolt gun silver over a black base. Been using a citedel dedicated dry brush and its awesome. Then brass and copper on the ammo. Then a develin mud (citedel too) ink wash over to finish.

Thanks again

Kevin

Thanks for the info. Kevin and by the way my nails are done in camo.

Gordon

Hi Kevin,

It makes a change to see a model in a weathered finish as it should be done :speak_cool:

Cheers

Andy

Thank you

Kevin

Very convincing model! As others have stated, the weathering is spectacular and gives a realistic impression without being overstated. Great work!

/Joachim

Once again . Thank you

Kevin.

Wow!!

That's quite probably one of the best OOB Academy XIV's I've seen.

Most steer clear of it due to it's somewhat portly dimensions,but you've

proved it is possible to make it look good with ease.

The weathering is very good and realistic,she looks suitably worn and well used

with none of the "thick black panel lines"that often spoil a well built Spit because they

simply were'nt there.

I'd say you've nailed it nicely.

Mark

Wow!!

That's quite probably one of the best OOB Academy XIV's I've seen.

Most steer clear of it due to it's somewhat portly dimensions,but you've

proved it is possible to make it look good with ease.

The weathering is very good and realistic,she looks suitably worn and well used

with none of the "thick black panel lines"that often spoil a well built Spit because they

simply were'nt there.

I'd say you've nailed it nicely.

Mark

Thank you mark. Kind words of encouragement.

Kevin

Thank you mark. Kind words of encouragement.

Kevin

Rolls's old Spit(they have an XIX atm)XIV was displayed as "RM619/AP*D"for many years up to her

fatal crash at Woodford.

She was actually RM689 and had the civvy of G-ALGT.

There are pictures of her in her two blues and white civvy togs knocking about on the 'net,

one of the nicest looking CivvySpits I reckon.