Photo Etched Diorama Accessories

Paul A H

Photo Etched Diorama Accessories

1:72 Eduard

eduardflorapacks.jpg

I have long been of the opinion that small scale modellers have it tough when it comes to diorama accessories. It seems as though those who model in 1:35 scale are spoilt for choice compared to those of us with smaller shelves, and we often have to improvise or buy items intended for railway modelling in order to bring our dioramas to life. For that reason, I was rather envious of Mike when he reviewed all those lovely 1:35 photo etched diorama accessories from Eduard. Imagine the smile on my face then, when I saw these items on Eduard’s forthcoming release list.

Sunflowers Colour

eduardsunflowers.jpg

First up is a fret containing twenty-two sunflowers, each pre-painted on both sides. The quality of painting is outstanding, although the effect is a little glossy. The instructions show you how to position the leaves to achieve a realistic 3D effect, and they should look great once this has been done. Each plant has a small tab at the base which will help you to secure it to a diorama base.

bin.jpg

Leaves Fern Colour

eduardferns.jpg

This fret contains over twenty ferns, some of which are grouped into strands of three in order to form a realistic plant effect. They are painted on both sides and the quality of painting is absolutely superb. Those worried about the 2D effect of photo etched parts shouldn’t be concerned, as each individual leave can be repositioned to give a 3D effect (and ferns are pretty flat in any case. Overall this is an excellent little set and I can’t wait to find a use for it.

bin.jpg

Conclusion

Eduard have made me a very happy modeller indeed with these sets, and it’s encouraging to see that they are planning to release more in the near future. These are superb quality products, and I really couldn’t ask for anything more from these sets. Highly recommended.

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif