US Navy Group Build

Personally send the Devastator to me and build the other 2... nice choice

looking for some markings for the Devastator ,could be a yellow wing job

Les

• Like 1

thanks Mish... ok guys - ANYTHING US Navy - so boats, subs, aircraft, figures - anything. No USMC or USCG (going on the Wikipedia definition of the US uniformed services which has USN, USMC and USCG all as separate branches....)

if RL permits, Parabat will join myself and wellzy as a host as this starts over summer holidays.....

I'm still not sure how these group builds work, Are ships allowed? If so, it'll be USS England, trumpeter 1/350 scale.

Kev.

See above Kev, boats :D are included

Thanks Ray, was starting to feel a bit 'odd man out' there. Jock

Hey Jock,

It would be nice to see a few ships built in this one.

I've got a 1/350 USS Essex (LHD-2) in the stash but with other commitments I don't think I would get it anywhere near finished by the time to GB ends. I will see how I go with my primary project and might start on it anyway just to keep you company.

Does the usual GB rule of no more than 25% complete apply here? If so, does this project seem like less than 25% complete to you guys?

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234932671-172-grumman-f7f-3-tigercat/

All of the wheel well work is being discarded in favor of a different method. So anything you see about the wheel wells/nacelles (which wasn't much anyway) shouldn't count towards the 25% :)

Cheers,

Bill

Does the usual GB rule of no more than 25% complete apply here? If so, does this project seem like less than 25% complete to you guys?

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234932671-172-grumman-f7f-3-tigercat/

All of the wheel well work is being discarded in favor of a different method. So anything you see about the wheel wells/nacelles (which wasn't much anyway) shouldn't count towards the 25% :)

Cheers,

Bill

So would just the cockpit go in as it is now? Engines and wheel wells being redone (or just wells?) Think it is just on the 25% limit so I will allow (mish, is that OK with you?)

So would just the cockpit go in as it is now? Engines and wheel wells being redone (or just wells?) Think it is just on the 25% limit so I will allow (mish, is that OK with you?)

The engines are assembled, but not detailed. I'm going to add the push-rod tubes, ignition harness, wires, all that stuff. I have to scratchbuild the frames and engine mounts out of styrene rod, the resin parts from Aires are no good. Engine bulkheads have to be added, the rest of the re-scribing (second fuselage half, both wings, and nacelles) has to be done. Wheel wells and nacelles have to be completely re-done. Essentially, all that's been "finished" is the cockpit, and I'll probably add some more stuff to that. When I think of the work still to be done, especially considering the engines and the engine mounts/frames, I would place below 25%, maybe more like 15-20%. But it's entirely up to the mods - whatever you guys decree is fine with me. If you'd rather not, I'm sure I can find another USN subject in the stash somewhere! :):):)

Cheers,

Bill

I'm happy for this one to be entered, not near the 25% limit in my opinion.

Thanks! That will be three Group Builds this summer and into autumn. Someone else can cut the grass! :):):)

Cheers,

Bill

Still up for the build but change of scale,bought a few old kits including hellers 1/72 scale WW2 corsair and after reeling back in horror at the

sky blue plastic realised what a great little kit for it,s age! including folding wing option(without any representation of the mechanism).So I

thought I would give it a go.