US Navy Group Build

I would like to join to this Group build, if I may?.

I have a number of kits in my stash which have languished there

owing to newer and better kits on the market. Three months would allow

me to build most OOB the following 1/48scale

Monogram TBF-1 Avenger

Monogram TBD- Devastator

Monogram SBD Dauntless (probably a SBD 4)

Monogram F4F Wildcat

Monogram F4U-4 Corsair

Tamiya F2A-2 Buffalo

Others in my stash which I could enter but might not accomplish in 3 months

Hasegawa P3c Orion (VP 40)

Hasegawa SP-5B Marlin (VP 40)

Special Hobby Brewster Buffalo (1/32)

Monogram OS2U Kingfisher

Regards

Alan

Edited by LDSModeller

I would like to join to this Group build, if I may?.

I have a number of kits in my stash which have languished there

owing to newer and better kits on the market. Three months would allow

me to build most OOB the following 1/48scale

Monogram TBF-1 Avenger

Monogram TBD- Devastator

Monogram SBD Dauntless (probably a SBD 4)

Monogram F4F Wildcat

Monogram F4U-4 Corsair

Tamiya F2A-2 Buffalo

Others in my stash which I could enter but might not accomplish in 3 months

Hasegawa P3c Orion (VP 40)

Hasegawa SP-5B Marlin (VP 40)

Special Hobby Brewster Buffalo (1/32)

Monogram OS2U Kingfisher

Regards

Alan

Alan,

the more the merrier - like the sound of your stash so build whatever you fancy.....

Intriguing enzo.... looking forward to seeing what you have in store

Okay, I'm definitely in! I shall be building a North American T-28B in overall yellow with Willow Green trainer bands. Also, a Lockheed T2V Seastar in white and orange.

The final one will be a Lockheed TV-1. This is probably better known as the F-80 Shooting Star. A handful were taken on charge by the US Navy. I will be building this aircraft. http://www.abpic.co.uk/popup.php?q=1051252

Now my work load is 7 days a week, (my choice!) I will still enter this but I don't think it'll be a vacform Gulfstream, so I'm toying with other options.

I don't have to much US Navy stuff, thats small and doable in 3 months so will have to purchase something :)

• 2 weeks later...

ok this ones coming and I thought I would leave it to the .bm massive to decide from the following for this .gb

1/48 italeri growler latest version

1/48 academy/am avenger

1/48 fugumi tomcat not expecting anyone to suggest that one

1/48 esci a4e scooter

dontvthink I have any other sun at the mo ss I'm building the trumpy dauntless at mo

• 2 weeks later...

Folks would love to join in this GB as my first,I have had academy,s 1/48 bullfrog sitting on top of my wardrobe for five years!

intending to do the orange/grey rescue machine,now I have an excuse.

Folks would love to join in this GB as my first,I have had academy,s 1/48 bullfrog sitting on top of my wardrobe for five years!

dont see why not, the more the merrier... hoping the forum will be up soon (I am away at the start but we will kick off as planned).....

I could possibly enter an Academy 1/48 F-4B Phantom. I just have to remember to start because I barely remember whats happening next week! Also, I think our summer holiday crosses over the start date so I'll probably be a bit late starting.

Sean

I might actually do a battle damaged S-3 Viking instead of the Phantom using an old 1/48 AMT kit that has a warped wing. I want to do the Phantom as a marine version, but of course that may change!

Sean

Edit: or if I can get hold of a Hasegawa 1/48 F-4J, I'll do that instead.

Slight change of plan can,t find major sprue or decals for bullfrog so tamiya 1/48 corsair which i,ve had for years will be built.

Just realised that this GB starts while I'm away with the family in Tenerife! So, I miss the first 2 weeks.

Been giving the GB some thought and I am probably going to attempt one, two, or all three...

1/48 Tamiya F4D-1 Skyray

1/48 Czech Model FR-1 Fireball

1/48 Czech Model XF2R-1 Dark Shark

I've changed my mind too. I hope to build the USS Saratoga in pre-war colours with full compliment of aircraft. :frantic:

This could all go west if the date for my next operation gets in the way. :(

All change again! :D

I had opted in with a TV-1, T2V and T-28. However, now Special Hobby have released their SB2U Vindicator kits and one of those just can't be ignored.

So I will pull the TV-1 from the GB. I'll definitely stick with the T-28. I might also pull the T2V. In that case I'll do a small project in the new year of P-80, T-33, F-94B, F-94C and T2V. That will leave me able to transfer an F9F-2 Panther from the Splendid Cats GB to this one.

Current choices: SB2U-1, T-28C, F9F-2 or T2V

Will it change again? Who knows??? :fool:

Hi mates,

I can't recall if I signed on for this one (old age, you know?), but hey why not? Plenty of USN aircraft in the stash...but picking one will be difficult. Maybe I'll have the wife pick one for me. A biplane perhaps.

Cheers,

Bill