US Navy Group Build

I could be interested in this. When do I have to register by???

as far as I am concerned whenever... its all for for fun so just turn up with a USN subject and start building...

• Like 1

Well the wee baby Macchi has arrived, it's beautiful, can't wait to start it!

Though the rigging has me a bit worried, haven't done any "proper" rigging :shrug: , last time many moons ago was stretched spure!!

Just looked at calendar for this build and gave myself a big fright, will have 4 GB's going on around the same time!!!! :mental:FAA GB, Splendid Cats GB, A-4 Skyhawk GB, plus this.....will be a busy boy! :frantic:

Well the wee baby Macchi has arrived, it's beautiful, can't wait to start it!

Though the rigging has me a bit worried, haven't done any "proper" rigging :shrug: , last time many moons ago was stretched spure!!

Just looked at calendar for this build and gave myself a big fright, will have 4 GB's going on around the same time!!!! :mental:FAA GB, Splendid Cats GB, A-4 Skyhawk GB, plus this.....will be a busy boy! :frantic:

Look forward to seeing his progress... I may join the splendid cats gb as well as host this, plusses I am meant to be building a stug over on another forum... think I cab manage 2 builds but not 3...

• 1 month later...

I think I will build a 1/48 Hasegawa F-8 crusader for this, but I have just bought the Conversion set of cutting edge to backdate it to a earlier version than the F-8E. I found this set after I made my own nose for a earlier version. :banghead:

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

• 5 weeks later...

Count me in with a 1/144 Blue Angels F-18... assuming that's okay??

Kind Regards

Dazz

of course Dazz - its USN flight demonstration squadron so that counts

Hehe I found my (hopeful) subject :) I recently gave a go at the Revell 1/72 F-16 (Don't yell yet) and I found it amazing so I plan to build this as a diorama:

3144180900_33b0d20a58_z.jpg

Unloved and unwanted, stored on the ramp par Jerry Gunner, sur Flickr

Now the question: It reads "NAVY" on the side does it not? Well actually it doesn't because of the gaffer tape. Darn. Hope it's OK though ;)

Arnaud

• Like 2

Hehe I found my (hopeful) subject :) I recently gave a go at the Revell 1/72 F-16 (Don't yell yet) and I found it amazing so I plan to build this as a diorama:http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3102/31441809Unloved and unwanted, stored on the ramp par Jerry Gunner, sur FlickrNow the question: It reads "NAVY" on the side does it not? Well actually it doesn't because of the gaffer tape. Darn. Hope it's OK though ;)Arnaud

Cool idea!!!

Hehe I found my (hopeful) subject :) I recently gave a go at the Revell 1/72 F-16 (Don't yell yet) and I found it amazing so I plan to build this as a diorama:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/310258_z.mg]

Unloved and unwanted, stored on the ramp par Jerry Gunner, sur Flickr

Now the question: It reads "NAVY" on the side does it not? Well actually it doesn't because of the gaffer tape. Darn. Hope it's OK though ;)

Arnaud

if it is a naval unit then why not - OR build a naval f-16 and snow it up (bit difficult at Miramar tho - perhaps "on-ops".....

if it is a naval unit then why not - OR build a naval f-16 and snow it up (bit difficult at Miramar tho - perhaps "on-ops".....

It is a naval unit (NSAWC at Fallon NAS) :). The same aircraft in "normal" condition:

http://www.airfighters.com/photo/49028/L/USA-Navy/General-Dynamics-F-16A-Fighting-Falcon/900942/

Does the base count in the max. 25% head start rule? I might have a hard time finishing the complete diorama in 3 months...

nah - yo ucan do the base now if you want - 25% counts purely for the main build of the aircraft/ship/car/whatever...

Cool thanks :) The base will however wait until the end of the swing wing GB if I want to have a chance to complete my Tomcat. So many things to build, so little time...

• Like 1

Excited to see an NSAWC Viper - I eked out just over a hundred hours in their -16Bs when I was stationed down there. :)

• 5 weeks later...

I've decided. I think... :D

Originally I intended to go totally mainstream. I was going to build an F-8 and an F9F-2 but now I've changed my mind. The F9F-2 might still get built in the Splendid Cats GB.

For this GB I shall be building three models - all of them trainers. One of them may be a bit of an outrageous choice. It's something which wouldn't ordinarily be associated with the US Navy but I can assure you it has "NAVY" emblazoned across the fuselage. I hope that's suitable.

I've decided. I think... :DOriginally I intended to go totally mainstream. I was going to build an F-8 and an F9F-2 but now I've changed my mind. The F9F-2 might still get built in the Splendid Cats GB.For this GB I shall be building three models - all of them trainers. One of them may be a bit of an outrageous choice. It's something which wouldn't ordinarily be associated with the US Navy but I can assure you it has "NAVY" emblazoned across the fuselage. I hope that's suitable.

Intriguing enzo.... looking forward to seeing what you have in store