US Navy Group Build

The FJ-3 is IMHO an interesting type and it's a pity no kit has ever been done in plastic of this version.

I could be wrong, but didn't Esci do one in 1/48? Seems to have been a bit of a dog, but this thread on ARC might give a few pointers.

Edited by pigsty

I could be wrong, but didn't Esci do one in 1/48? Seems to have been a bit of a dog, but this thread on ARC might give a few pointers.

The Esci kit was not really a Fury but more of a Sabre with some Fury bits. Interestingly the box pretended to represent both the FJ-2 and the FJ-3 but these versions are quite different. The decals might be useful though !

Mine will be 1/72 however, so most decals will have to be made from scratch.

An FJ-2 would also be interesting as many of these served in overall aluminium paint, a very unusual scheme for a US carrierborne aircraft.. however they were all USMC aircrafts, so not strictly USN.

I'm in, I did say Marine in the last thread but the excitment got the better of me and I meant Navy! I have a few things in the stash to open... but I'm toying with the idea of a US Navy C-20 Gulfstream, 72nd vacform.

All being well, I'll try to work it so I have no other builds on the go, and may drop in a Neptune aswell as the C-20!

2013....? sensing some optimism here....

NAVY BLUE blue angels bearcat 1/48 for my ride.... :analintruder:

regards,

ggc

Edited by CPNGROATS

This is going to be a good G/B with 100 year`s of aircraft

to go with ,

wellzy :headphones:

Any chance of getting the GB extended to 6 months? I'd to have the excuse to build a carrier for it.

OK Mish Shar 2 will have to do a Lloyd

Well, not knowing what a Lloyd is, if I can complete a battleship in 2 weeks recently, then I might be able to do a carrier in 3 months, if I knuckle down and keep on the project. :analintruder:

OK, put me down for either USS Essex, or USS Lexington

looking forward to it... beats me churning out a regulation aircraft (well a Cutlass isnt exactly regulation, dont see them built very often).....

Well, not knowing what a Lloyd is, if I can complete a battleship in 2 weeks recently, then I might be able to do a carrier in 3 months, if I knuckle down and keep on the project. :analintruder:

Lloyd has done two monogram kits on the USAAF ETO G/B and he is good but fast as well

wellzy :headphones:

• 2 weeks later...
You have Kev1n in the list twice :)

WHAT!!!!???

NO....no....no....no......

there cannot possibly be a Kev2n....

there is only ONE (1) of me....I am unique!

and 2013 is a very long way away....

:closedeyes:

but I have a number of USN subjects so.......:)

• 1 month later...

When: 4th August 2013 to 28th October 2013

Host: RobW_UK, Wellzy

i will be away for the start of this (first 10 days or so) hope one of the co-hosts cant start things rolling

• 2 months later...

This sounds very interesting but I dont know if I'll be alive by then, after all, according to the Myan calender, we are supposed to be going through a polar shift and all of us will be flung off into space. :shutup: Ill check back in if by chance that doesnt happen. :whistle:

Cheers

Paul :sleeping:

Edited by Paul Wilsford

Hi Paul, I'm sure if the Myan's all had plebty of plastic in their lofts thet wouldn't be making such an issue of it but then again!

Can I join in on this GB, please, if I'm not too late?

Colin

Thanks Rob, I found a box in th estash wil fouu partly assembles A-4's in, I've never finished one, well maybe a very ancient Airfix kit. So this is an ideal oportunity.

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

i will be away for the start of this (first 10 days or so) hope one of the co-hosts cant start things rolling

No worry`s Rob we will have it coverd

Les (wellzy)

• 2 weeks later...

Can I join please?

Either 1/48 or 1/72 Skyraider (Spad!) or maybe 1/48 Avenger - not decided just yet! But then I've got one or two 1/48 jets to have a go at - hmm!

ATB

Rick

Can I join please?

Either 1/48 or 1/72 Skyraider (Spad!) or maybe 1/48 Avenger - not decided just yet! But then I've got one or two 1/48 jets to have a go at - hmm!

ATB

Rick

course you can Rick - the more the merrier