US Navy Group Build

thanks Mish... ok guys - ANYTHING US Navy - so boats, subs, aircraft, figures - anything. No USMC or USCG (going on the Wikipedia definition of the US uniformed services which has USN, USMC and USCG all as separate branches....)

if RL permits, Parabat will join myself and wellzy as a host as this starts over summer holidays.....

Edited by robw_uk

Well, checking my stash record, I have 28 possible entries for this GB...I guess I'll get to Aug 2013 and see what's left before getting too carried away

currently in the stash I have an F-14 and a Cutlass - the 'cat may go in the "super cat" GB so Cutlass - but who knows.....

I've got no shortage of Navy air in my stash, so as we get closer I'll pick something based on what I've got, what I feel like building, and what's under-represented in the group build ;)

Hopefully, I'll be doing a 1/32 Intruder-they should be out by then. If not, no worries, lots to choose from.

Joel

I'm in, I did say Marine in the last thread but the excitment got the better of me and I meant Navy! I have a few things in the stash to open... but I'm toying with the idea of a US Navy C-20 Gulfstream, 72nd vacform.

So, once again, a quick re-cap of those who are interested, new additions have been made!

1. Robw UK

2. Enzo Matrix

3. Wellzy

4. Hythe

5. Graham77

6. Metallicus

7. Lancfan

8. Sunshine Coast

9. AndyC

10. Parabat

11. Shar2

12. SaintsPhil

13. Kev1n

14. CliffB

15. Bandwagon 106

16. Jabba

17. kolja

18. JB65rams

19. RNoAF Aerobatic

20. F32

21. Arniec

22. Smuts

23. Arnobiz

24. Giorgio N

25. Mikkel

26. DaveJL

27. Hardtarget

28. TrojanThunder

29. Wkennerley

30. Ghostbase

31. Dazdot

32. SARowl

33. Mish

34. Radleigh

35. Shaun

36. CPNGROATS

Good to see the interest in this one, there should be some good variation available to all who take part, so start thinking of your builds now! Heck, tell your friends, we may even get someone build a carrier for this one!

Edited by Parabat

I was thinking of doing a carrier, as I've got 5 in the stash, but I wouldn't be able to build one in three months as I have shed loads of AM for each. What are the chances of having the GB extended to 6 months?

I was thinking of doing a carrier, as I've got 5 in the stash, but I wouldn't be able to build one in three months as I have shed loads of AM for each. What are the chances of having the GB extended to 6 months?

Ha, an extended date gets my vote if it means you churning out a US carrier, Dave! Would love to see that!

l am in but l wonder if l will remember l have enter when the date comes lol (year from now)

No worries, as potential Co-host for this GB I will be sending out reminders to all pledges a month in advance of the start ^_^

I have loads of USN stuff in my stash. I will have a look later to see what will be build. I will probably build something OOB.

well if it does get extended for the carriers???? Please i would like to do one of these

Apologies I found this on this forum and feel it would be a good build sorry for ripping off someones photo

http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m543/dazdot1jpg

Nice one looks good

wellzy http://www2.britmodeller.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/headphones.gif

I'm having a wild idea of building an FJ-3 using the falcon conversion for this GB. The conversion was designed for the heller F-86 kit, I'll have to check if it fits the newer airfix kit or the academy one. The FJ-3 is IMHO an interesting type and it's a pity no kit has ever been done in plastic of this version.