Replacement cockpits for Airfix Sea Vixen?

plastic

As topic, anyone used the Aires and /or The Pavla set? Thinking of getting one of them but--is the fit ok? Is there a lot of sanding/cutting to fit them in? Are they worth it? Any advice would be much appreciated lads. :cheers:

As topic, anyone used the Aires and /or The Pavla set? Thinking of getting one of them but--is the fit ok? Is there a lot of sanding/cutting to fit them in? Are they worth it? Any advice would be much appreciated lads. :cheers:

My experience of Aires cockpits is not good and I have never had one that fitted properly, although I've not used their Sea Vixen cockpit.

Pavla's stuff tends to be very good and I've had no issues at all with it, although again I've not used their Sea Vixen set.

Personally, given that both cockpits are black and you'll see naff-all inside the "coal-hole", I would stick with what is in the kit.

I like the look of the Neomega one the most, might be worth considering as an option. As far as I know it's the only one that also includes the missing parts under the canopy?

Thanks for the replies lads! I've actually just stuck all the cockpit parts together and, trying them inside the fuselage and imagining the 'coal hole' black I can now see the point of not bothering with aftermarket. Once the lids are on, in the closed position, it's only the tops of the seats that will be seen.

Just going to go with it--thanks again lads. :thumbsup: