F-16A 1/48 Italeri RNAF

Hi everybody!

I'm glad to take part on this GB, even though i have only a few days to finish the kit.

I've built this kit again and i know i can finish it by the end of the GB. It has some minor fitting problems but this should not stop me. B)

This is the kit i already started a few weeks ago.

http://compare.productwiki.com/italeri-1-4...ombat-aircraft/

Hope to see good results at the end.

I apologise for my mistake english... :(

Thanks in advance for your interest!

Here i am with some progress on the Falcon.

Unfortunately, i don't have time to take more and better pics, so i hope these are enough to show the progress of the building.

pa021510.jpg

pa021511.jpg

pa021512.jpg

pa271513.jpg

pa271514.jpg

This kit has some fitting problems on the fuselage. I don't think it's one of the best F-16s in the modelling world. :(

I only chose it for its decals. The Kinetic and Tamiya F-16s, i have in my stash, will require more attention and time - of course!

Thanks a lot for your interest! :)

Yeah, Italeri's F-16s are not that great, mainly with the fit, as well as some inaccuracy issues. Some key upgrades/corrections in the cockpit, wheels and exhuast really help bring the kit up, but more importantly; quality construction, which you have done here.

You may want to remove the GE Exhaust and install the kit's Pratt nozzle; for a proper RNAF Viper :D

Nice work

Mike V

Yeah, Italeri's F-16s are not that great, mainly with the fit, as well as some inaccuracy issues. Some key upgrades/corrections in the cockpit, wheels and exhuast really help bring the kit up, but more importantly; quality construction, which you have done here.

You may want to remove the GE Exhaust and install the kit's Pratt nozzle; for a proper RNAF Viper :D

Nice work

Mike V

Mike, isn't this exhaust nozzle correct for the version i'm building? I like it as it's open because the other one (Pratt) is closed. Now it's late to correct it. I've started painting the kit... :(

No, all EPAF F-16s are Pratt powered/NSI Intake configuration. The Exhaust you have is the Italeri GE Exhaust. Even as terribly inaccurate as it is, it still looks more like a GE Exhaust than Pratt. Understand about the kit's Pratt nozzle, as for some reason it was tooled in the closed (SEC) position.

It can still be removed. I know, I've done this with a couple of Hasegawa F-16s back in the late 80s; not easy, but can do. Of course that's up to you. No matter thugh, as you're still doing a ncie job on this kit.

Mike V

No, all EPAF F-16s are Pratt powered/NSI Intake configuration. The Exhaust you have is the Italeri GE Exhaust. Even as terribly inaccurate as it is, it still looks more like a GE Exhaust than Pratt. Understand about the kit's Pratt nozzle, as for some reason it was tooled in the closed (SEC) position.

It can still be removed. I know, I've done this with a couple of Hasegawa F-16s back in the late 80s; not easy, but can do. Of course that's up to you. No matter thugh, as you're still doing a ncie job on this kit.

Mike V

I'll let in as is because i don't have enough time fixing such "problems". I hope it will be the only incorrect thing on the kit. :(

Thanks a lot for your attention and advice. :)

Hello guys.

Hard work on the viper in order to be finished within deadline.

The paint job has finished, a quick wash is done and some of the decals have been applied. The funniest thing is the woman on the tail fin decal. In reality, 'Dirty Diana' is flashing her boob while on the decal, she's all covered up.

pb151515.jpg

pb151516.jpg

pb151517.jpg

pb151518.jpg

pb151519.jpg

pb151520.jpg

The clear parts have been polished with "future"

I hope the next update to be the final.

Edited by nirvanagr

Wow, cracking result with a tough kit! :clap2:

I did this kit early in the group build and word of warning, the large tail decal doesn't fit properly if you fit it as one piece! I tried fitting it as 1 whole piece and was left with a nasty rip through the bottom of the tail where it meets the tail boom. Test fit and cut the decal to get the most out of it as it's also very thick and really tough to get to sit in to the panel lines.

Wow, cracking result with a tough kit! :clap2:

I did this kit early in the group build and word of warning, the large tail decal doesn't fit properly if you fit it as one piece! I tried fitting it as 1 whole piece and was left with a nasty rip through the bottom of the tail where it meets the tail boom. Test fit and cut the decal to get the most out of it as it's also very thick and really tough to get to sit in to the panel lines.

Too late i'm afraid, Danny... :(

pb161529.jpg

pb161530.jpg

I tried to fit the decal on the fin as one piece and i cut it by mistake. So, i painted the cut area with a brown color. I messed it up.... :(