Hasegawa 1/48th Scale F-16B Fighting Falcon

I've just finished my latest build which is the Hasegawa offering of the F-16B. I wanted to do an aggressor scheme and the Hasegawa kit fitted the bill perfectly. If you're interested then the build thread is HERE Rarely being one to build things OOB I then added the following: -

Aires F-16B MLU Cockpit (I know that this isn't accurate for this particular plane but it was a whole lot better than the kit offering and so in it went)

Aires Exhaust (Superb little bit of resin casting)

Wolfpack AN/ALQ-167 Pod

Royale Resin F-16 Block 1-30 Late Wheel set (another brilliantly detailed bit of resin)

All painting was done with a mixture of Valejo, Xtracrylix and Humbrol Acrylic paints. Glossing with Future followed by a Florymodels dark dirt wash and a final matt coat with Xtracrylix Matt Varnish.

The decals came from Fightertown sheet 48-023 - F-16A/B/N NSAWC & TOPGUN as well as their Addendum sheet for the Centennial of Naval Aviation 2011 version of this plane. They behaved superbly throughout and were probably the easiest decals I've ever applied.

I also robbed a ACME Pod from the Kinetic Aggressor boxing to finish it off.

Onto some pictures and I apologise in advance if there ends up being a lot of them. As usual comments and critique welcome.

Pete

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0185.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

Onto the next.

• Like 6

Peter

I followed this from post #1 of your WIP and that, sir, is a stunning effort. Immaculate to my eye. Brilliant

Very nicely done!

A big heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who gave this build some great comments. I genuinely appreciate everyone one of them, which I guess is helped by the fact that they're all positive :winkgrin:

I'm definately happy with how it turned out and hope to raise my standards even more with future builds and that is helped by some of the builds that I see from modellers on this forum. I enjoy modelling a lot more these days when tips and ideas are so much more readily accessible than they used to be when magazines were all there was.

Thank you all again

Pete

• 7 years later...