Steampunk Poll

Deon

Steampunk  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your favourite Steampunk creation

• DaKP VII 'Steam Tiger' Cjhm
    • [url="http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss216/chancerpics/SavhannaClassSkyFortress012.jpg"]Savannah Class Sky Fortress [/url] ChancerUk
    • The Airship - Rkennerley
    • Edwardian Steam Airbattleship HMS Fearnaught, 1st Airbattleship Squadron, RNAS - Iain (32SIG)
    • Hanseatic League Counter Insurgency Vehicle - Fu manchu
    • Bastable Patented Perambulator - itsallgonehorriblywrong
    • The King's Mechanism - Per Ardua Ad Ostentationem
    • Royal Marine Light Infantry Landing Craft - Deon
    • His Imperial Majesty's Cigar Battleship HMS Duke of York - itsallgonehorriblywrong

PLease make only one vote, and not for your own model :)

PLease use the link to ChancerUk's thread as the gallery was closed before I could get his long finished submission into the gallery

Gallery is here

Voting will close on 10th July 2012

Edited by Mish

PLease make only one vote, and not for your own model :)

I meant to vote for The Bastable Perambulator but missed the box and voted for myself instead. I didn't think it would make a difference in the end but with voter turnout so poor, I have to confess. Take one off me and give it to itsallgonehorriblywrong when you do the final countdown please.

Sorry to mess you about Deon

I meant to vote for The Bastable Perambulator but missed the box and voted for myself instead. I didn't think it would make a difference in the end but with voter turnout so poor, I have to confess. Take one off me and give it to itsallgonehorriblywrong when you do the final countdown please.

Sorry to mess you about Deon

I've done it

There is at least three I wanted to vote for. Some great stuff there.

As for the apathy shown in the voting, I had the same issue with the FW190 GB. So many people looked at the final builds and didn't bother voting. A damn shame for all who made the effort to build such great kits.

Come on BM! Give the GB's some support. :please:

Steve

What ho chaps

Jolly Jolly? What?

Dashed unsporting to pick a winner, not cricket, what?

One of the best Group builds to watch and occasionally add comment to as the imaginatively dastardly inventions took shape.

I have voted but would like to thank you all for entertaining us.

:cheers:

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it's taken me so long towind this GB up; my computer died suddenly and I've only just managed to find a stand-in.

Congratulations to Iain SIg32 for his awesome creation and a big thankyou to all those who took part, commented , encouraged and voted. I hope we'll get to see some of these entries at the various shows around the country.

As for the low voter turn out - it's almost inevitable when dealing with a niche topic and one can expect that a GB which involves alot of scratchbuilding will have a smaller completion rate, so I'm more than happy with 49 voters.

So whilst the results might not be scientifically valid, they are phenomonologicalolly significant ;) and testament to the broad range of creative derangments within the Britmodeller community.

My thanks in particular to Chris and Mish for their help.

Now whilst His Brittanic Majesty's Award for Naval Engineering Research and Design is bestowed upon Iain, I think it appropriate that we consider supplying materials for his next engineering project. If anyone has any suggestions, perhaps they could pm me.

Thankyou all

Deon

Oooh - crikey... :frantic:

Erm - thank you all kind gentlepeeps for your votes - <blush> - and to all voters for taking the time to vote. In my book all the builds were ace: great variety and superb imaginations exhibited by all!

The "Fearnaught" restoration team will wear their Naval Engineering Research and Design moniker with a great deal of pride and I can't wait to board the overnight steam train up to the workshops in Little Snoring to let everyone on the team know! :)

I think all the builds were brilliant and the Group build was a great breath of fresh air and a break from AMS - letting the imagination and creative juices run riot (ahem - of course my build was based upon *exacting* and *painstaking* research - as my receipts for intoxicating liquids will attest!!). :)

Don't think I've enjoyed a project so much for years - and may just have to take up another Steam Punk build just for the hell of it - any suggestions appreciated...

If I get a chance I'll get "Fearnaught" suitably mounted and bring her to Telford...

As I mentioned in my introduction to the project - possibly the most 'accurate' kit ever released by Trumpeter :analintruder:

Iain

Edited by Iain (32SIG)