Obsolete kit GB?

The Airfix 1/48 Stuka was originally released in 1982, and therefore fails rule 1 which states that the kits original release date must be before 1982.

Hmmm... bearing in mind the probable long timescale for this GB, maybe I should modify rule 1 to state that the kit must have been originally released thirty years or more before the commencement date of the GB.

Tony, I say to thee a verily yes in my humble interpretation of the rules, for this kit is of most great age and has been vanquished to dark obsolescence by the Eastern upstart that is Hasegawa.

Who needs to talk like a pirate when talking like a knight, knave or damsel is the way forward! :hobbyhorse:

:rofl: Maybe we should rename it to the Medieval Kit GB :lol:

Or, to misquote Pulp Fiction, how about the 'I'm gonna get all Medieval on you bottom kit' GB?

Or, to misquote Pulp Fiction, how about the 'I'm gonna get all Medieval on you bottom kit' GB?

I wonder how many other quotes from Pulp Fiction could be adapted for modelling.

"Milliput! When you absolutely, positively gotta fill every seam on the model. Accept no substitute!"

Hmmm... bearing in mind the probable long timescale for this GB, maybe I should modify rule 1 to state that the kit must have been originally released thirty years or more before the commencement date of the GB.

The dates I used came from the ATF history section here http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.org/about1314.html which states that it was announced before Palitoy took over but not on sale until after the takeover and was first available from 1981 to 1984.

David.

If the GB goes ahead it will be sometime next year, so the thirty year rule means 1983.

Nice one, Cheers Enzo. The kit I have planned however is just in a clear bag, I'm sure it's a Ventura Novo kit..

Here's another one Enzo;

"The path of the righteous modeller is beset on all sides by the inequities of the inaccurate and the sink marks of evil models. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, fills the gaps through the medium of Milliput, for he is truly his model’s keeper and the finder of true gems. And I will sand down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger seams who would attempt to poison and destroy My models. And you will know My name is the Builder when I lay My Dremel upon thee."

Hmmmmmm likely candidates that I have

Matchbox Walrus, Beaufighter,Swordfish (though all in Revell boxes)

Monogram 1/48 P-51B and D Mustangs

Esci F-86 Sabre, Jaguar, F-104 in 1/48

Airfix 1/144 Concorde

Heller Mig 19, Hasegawa Mig 25

Frog Javelin and Gannet

If one of these passes the criteria, I'm in :thumbsup:

Chris

I wonder how many other quotes from Pulp Fiction could be adapted for modelling.

"Milliput! When you absolutely, positively gotta fill every seam on the model. Accept no substitute!"

Jules: Looks like me an' Vincent caught you boys building models. Sorry about that. Whatcha buildin'?

Brett: Spitfires.

Jules: Spitfires! The cornerstone of any aircraft collection. What kind of Spitfires?

Brett: M-Mark Ones.

Jules: No, no no, who produced 'em? Airfix? Revell? Heller? Who?

Brett: Tamiya.

Jules: Tamiya. That's that Japanese kit maker. I hear they got some tasty models. I ain't never built one myself.

Is this an old kit and would it qualify

I'm sure I remember it from when I were a lad, long long ago.

My brother built that during the 70s, so it certainly passes Rule 1.

It definitely doesn't pass under Rule 3, 'cos it's still a nice kit.

Rule 2 is the clincher. I'm pretty sure that these vehicles are available in resin.

So I reckon it's in!

I'm getting very excited about this GB, I just found a Frog Gannet in the stash yesterday. What more when I delve a little deeper?

Colin on the Africa Station

I'm getting very excited about this GB, I just found a Frog Gannet in the stash yesterday. What more when I delve a little deeper?

Colin on the Africa Station

I need to raid evilbay for something. Will wait til closer to gb to see what takes my fancy...

Am I the only one struggling with the rules?

The way I see it. If I have a kit that was moulded in the 1960s, but there has been no other company make another kit of it and it goes together well. Then its no allowed?

Surely it is an obsolete kit? :shrug:

I think you need to look at the rules again or change the tile of the GB.

Am I the only one struggling with the rules?

The way I see it. If I have a kit that was moulded in the 1960s, but there has been no other company make another kit of it and it goes together well. Then its no allowed?

Surely it is an obsolete kit? :shrug:

I think you need to look at the rules again or change the tile of the GB.

Its over 30 years old so qualifies under rule 1. Or does it need to pass all 3?