Routemaster revised images and finally weathered

If anybody has any tips on glueing windows in place without this problem of glue travel, then do let me know.

Bus looks spot on. For window gluing, try some canopy adhesive, I use this stuff

http://www.air-craft.net/acatalog/Zap-Canopy-Glue.html

To be honest I suspect it's nothing more than white PVA glue, but it's the way to go for attaching clear parts, you can even have a bead of the stuff and push it back with a Q-tip and water and it won't touch your glazing.

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Wow excellent, I have been eyeing this model for some time but not taken the plunge, you have me pushed into it now,

Steve.

Edited by steve scanlon

Owh, yet another fantastic build of something in the stash getting the old juices flowing. Anyone know a good divorce lawyer.

How much work was required to reduce the RML to an RM? It looks like you have made a few (and kitbashed some) so did you keep back a window set to replace the RML's lower deck emergency exit? Finally are the original indicators and rear lights included in the stock kit or are they AM or scratchbuilt mods?

Great work

Chris

Owh, yet another fantastic build of something in the stash getting the old juices flowing. Anyone know a good divorce lawyer.

How much work was required to reduce the RML to an RM? It looks like you have made a few (and kitbashed some) so did you keep back a window set to replace the RML's lower deck emergency exit? Finally are the original indicators and rear lights included in the stock kit or are they AM or scratchbuilt mods?

Great work

Chris

There is actually an extra window on the sprues of exactly the type you need to replace the RML emergency exit, due to the fact that two of the clear sprues are identical. Thank you Revell.

Old style Indicators and the rear lights are in the kit.

I have seen a few different ways to cut the RML down to the RM. I detailed the process I did in a build thread I did about a year ago, should still be found "in the works" forum. But I'm not sure of the model in this thread, very nicely done BTW, was cut.

Superb stuff David, I feel I could step on to it, its that realistic. Although vehicles aren't my thing I think Revell should be congratulated for producing it despite the faults you have highlighted.

Mick

Edited by mick b

Very nice indeed.

Quick question; where can I find good reference images for routemaster bus adverts, both exterior and interior, for 1978? I've tried googling, but just can't find good images or sources.

Model69

:wow: :wow:

I can't get over the fine detailed work on your Routemaster..

She looks SUPERB.

All I can say it looks SO REAL.. : clap: :thumbsup:

Not far from ME .....there was a Bus museum that old bus drivers and volunteers had faithfully restored double decker buses and as a kid it was simply a fun and joyous thing to do was just walk there and look around..it was free and I got to sit on the very old buses..so this takes ME bak to MY childhood days..thank you.

I think they moved now..

Edited by HOUSTON

Not far from ME .....there was a Bus museum that old bus drivers and volunteers had faithfully restored double decker buses and as a kid it was simply a fun and joyous thing to do was just walk there and look around..it was free and I got to sit on the very old buses..so this takes ME bak to MY childhood days..thank you.

I think they moved now..

Was this the one that used to be Cobham way?

That is very nice indeed! I opened a few windows in my build and had to use the spare after a razor saw malfunction! But you only get one! Like the low-level pics, very life-like! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

I really like your Routemaster. It looks really Great.

Here is a linky https://www.facebook.com/coffeenmotion#!/photo.php?fbid=362838930424522&set=a.141708265870924.21749.117132328328518&type=1&theater from my favorite local coffee hub with an imported Routemaster.

You do have such a great eye for details. Congrats to you.

Cheers.

Karen

I really like your Routemaster. It looks really Great.

Here is a linky https://www.facebook.com/coffeenmotion#!/photo.php?fbid=362838930424522&set=a.141708265870924.21749.117132328328518&type=1&theater from my favorite local coffee hub with an imported Routemaster.

You do have such a great eye for details. Congrats to you.

Cheers.

Karen

Hi Karen

Thanks for your comments. I assume you know that the link you sent me isn't a Routemaster? it's a Bristol Lodekker :-)

Hi Karen

Thanks for your comments. I assume you know that the link you sent me isn't a Routemaster? it's a Bristol Lodekker :-)

oops...yes I did send you the wrong photo sorry about that. Your build does look dapper though Congrats.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh my god. sooopperb!

Pete

Absolutely brilliant! Well done! Stunning weathering. As others have said it's better than the real thing.

I have one of these to build at some point and your articles/posts will be a constant point of reference.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stix