1/48 fw ta 152c-0 prototype.

That engine is pretty impressive.

I'm regularly surprised by the amount of detail people manage to get into their builds and at first glance it's difficult to tell the scale - the 72's look like 48's and the 48's like 32's.

Good stuff.

• Like 1

The weathering looks good there. Be carefull to keep the right balance as too much may spoil the effect and I think you are pretty close to perfect at the moment.

• Like 1

That engine is pretty impressive.

I'm regularly surprised by the amount of detail people manage to get into their builds and at first glance it's difficult to tell the scale - the 72's look like 48's and the 48's like 32's.

Good stuff.

Thanks very much

The weathering looks good there. Be carefull to keep the right balance as too much may spoil the effect and I think you are pretty close to perfect at the moment.

Cheers. I think its about right too. Need to fade the green and grey in places on the the fuse and wings. I will have a week off to think.

Thanks for looking

Kevin

Edited by foureyes

Looking good Kev, but can I point out something? It was only the centre panels of the wing under sides that was un painted, and not the fuselage as you have done so if I was you i'd finish it off with some RLM76. Its also worth remembering that exhaust soot is flat with no shine to it what so ever.

Looking good Kev, but can I point out something? It was only the centre panels of the wing under sides that was un painted, and not the fuselage as you have done so if I was you i'd finish it off with some RLM76. Its also worth remembering that exhaust soot is flat with no shine to it what so ever.

Cheers Tim . I was going by the hobbyboss colour page and other models I had seen on the net. Should I take the rlm 76 straight across from the flap edge on one side to the flap edge on the other?? As for the soot. It's a mix of tamiya smoke and tamiya black. And when that's applied it has a gloss finish. But when I am done weathering it will all be coated in flat throughout. Any thoughts about the amount of fading that would have occurred on the green and grey??

Thanks again

Kevin

Any thoughts about the amount of fading that would have occurred on the green and grey??

Would this thing have lasted long enough to get the paint faded? No idea what it's service life was in either duration or intensity but doubt it would have been many years so can't see the paint getting much time to fade.

Sorry, random thoughts but hope they help.

Would this thing have lasted long enough to get the paint faded? No idea what it's service life was in either duration or intensity but doubt it would have been many years so can't see the paint getting much time to fade.

Sorry, random thoughts but hope they help.

Good point, it is very Matt/flat and that could give impression of fading in b&w pics. On the few picks that show, the top piece of the cowl above the hing on the right its very chipped/worn, right to the metal of looks like, in quite a large patch. Or is that me. The pic I have posted in my first post from the rear. You can make it out but I did see one that was clearer. I will find it and post it if I can..

Hi Kev,Just seen the latest update, thats really looking the part - by the look of it you should have this done before little 'un arrives :)

Agree with col that the airframe prob wouldnt have been around long enough for the paint to fade but then again wouldnt have thought it could get so dirty and you have the pics to prove it!

I try to fade / highlighting to accent the panels and add a bit of depth as i cant get preshading to work for the life of me!Anyway keep up the good work its looking great :)

Edited by stoohoo

Should I take the rlm 76 straight across from the flap edge on one side to the flap edge on the other?? As for the soot. It's a mix of tamiya smoke and tamiya black. And when that's applied it has a gloss finish. But when I am done weathering it will all be coated in flat throughout. Any thoughts about the amount of fading that would have occurred on the green and grey??

Thanks again

Kevin

This is how the fuselage underside should be.

DSC_1085.jpg

These aircraft never saw any combat but they certainly had a hard life, most pictures show this. All paint starts to fade from the minute its put on surely?

Hi Kev,Just seen the latest update, thats really looking the part - by the look of it you should have this done before little 'un arrives :)

Agree with col that the airframe prob wouldnt have been around long enough for the paint to fade but then again wouldnt have thought it could get so dirty and you have the pics to prove it!

I try to fade / highlighting to accent the panels and add a bit of depth as i cant get preshading to work for the life of me!Anyway keep up the good work its looking great :)

These aircraft never saw any combat but they certainly had a hard life, most pictures show this. All paint starts to fade from the minute its put on surely?

I will rectify the fuselage underside next painting session. Needs to be done, when i was doing it I thought it maybe wasn't right. I will.also fade her a bit too. Not loads but enough to show some life lived.

Once again thanks loads for the help. P.s with the preshading if you try white base with black preshading the effect is more pronounced, not good with light colours but darker colours it does help. Tamiya flat base is very light compaired to say humbrol spray undercoat.

Kevin

Edited by foureyes

Have had another crack at it tonight. Firstly disaster struck when i decided to buy some new cleaner for my airbrush. Bought in a nameless model chain. It totally destroyed my airbrush. Followed the instructions. But for some reason it melted all the rubber seals in it?? The worst being in the air valve. It stuck on and wouldn't return. Luckily a customer gave me a brand new one (I must do some decent haircuts) with a bent needle that I managed to replace from the other. And only lost an hour of my life messing about.

Managed to repaint the underside, I hope correctly? And apply a good coat of flat which toned the colour down and gave it a whole different appearance. I attached the cowls with tiny plasticard hinges and they look great. Needs a little touching up inside them but i am very happy. I removed the masking off the canopy and the clear plastic had marked somehow? Like a bloom effect? A quick sand and polish with micromesh and a coat of klear seems to have solved it.

IMAG0365.jpg

After

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

IMAG0361.jpg

IMAG0368.jpg

IMAG0357.jpg

IMAG0363.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone and any help or observations greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Edited by foureyes

The detail and paintwork are very realistic! Keep that standard up and this will finish as a seriously impressive model.

Thanks very much.

Race against time now. With three kids can only get one night a week on this. And number four coming in two weeks! Can I finish before she arrives? If not it may sit on the shelf for a while....

Kevin

Had a few hours to try to finish. Close but no cigar... Just the canopy and it should be r.f.I.

I replaced the gun barrels with brass tube. Had a night mare with the very Fiddely undercarriage. Lost the seat belts about five times, but i am happy for what is my tenth kit to date. Learnt loads along the way. Hopefully just time to finish off properly before baby comes.

IMAG0373.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0377.jpgIMAG0379.jpgIMAG0381.jpgIMAG0382.jpgIMAG0380.jpgIMAG0383.jpgIMAG0387.jpgIMAG0386.jpgIMAG0385.jpgIMAG0384.jpg

Thanks for looking. End in sight??

Kevin

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...