I'd like to chuck another into the mix, if I may. I've just ordered the new Airfix P-51. I'd like to build that totally OOB for this GB. My main build will still be a Tamiya 1/48 P-51B but the Airfix one will be for a bit of fun.

Okay... I've changed my mind. :banghead: It won't be totally OOB. I shall use this decal sheet --> Linky

I've had to do a bit of reassessment of my GB participation. I have an awful lot of builds going on at the moment and I don't want to miss completing things simply because my workload is too high.

I had intended to build a Tamiya 1/48 P-51B for this GB, but now I am going to withdraw that. I'm still in with the Airfix 1/72 P-51D. If that goes well - and my other builds stay on schedule - I may even chuck in another.

RevellB-17F.jpg

Having looked at the engines on this one (which are moulded inside their cowlings), they could really do with replacing with some resin aftermarket ones - choices seem to be engines for either the Academy or Hasegawa B-17F kits. I think I saw some for the newer Revell kit but they're a bit on the pricey side..

I know it's a long shot but anyone know if I could retrofit the resin ones for the Acad or Hase kits into this older Revell kit?

Thanks in advance,

Dermot

Just a query, if this GB started 4th July then 'llking's rather nice B-25 in the gallery of this GB posted on the 6th must have been some VERY fast building!!!! :shocked:

Lloyd (Llking) is a friend of mine and I talk with him on Skype every day. I can confirm that he indeed did build it in two days. Lloyd doesn't sleep much and spend all his time at the bench modelling. I have seen him start a model Saturday evening and take it to a show Sunday morning with the paint still drying, enter it into a competition and win a medal.

The guy is magic.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to join in with the new release of Eduard. The P-38 J.

P-38J009.jpg

Still do not know what the paint scheme. My idea is to build a model that has participated in D-Day with a painting with OD and NG (no NMF). There are two sheets of decals but have something old and very difficult to arrange. We shall see.

Normally, I build my models OOB with only seat belts from Eduard. It will be my first attempt with PE and in particular, with upgrades in resin. I had to do some shopping.

To start the work of the cockpit.

P-38J025.jpg

Regards

ajcmac

I'd like to join in with the new release of Eduard. The P-38 J.

P-38J009.jpg

Still do not know what the paint scheme. My idea is to build a model that has participated in D-Day with a painting with OD and NG (no NMF). There are two sheets of decals but have something old and very difficult to arrange. We shall see.

Normally, I build my models OOB with only seat belts from Eduard. It will be my first attempt with PE and in particular, with upgrades in resin. I had to do some shopping.

To start the work of the cockpit.

P-38J025.jpg

Regards

ajcmac

welcome Ajcmac we lookforward to seeing you build

wellzy :headphones:

• 4 weeks later...

I'll be joining in with this

I'm looking to build a B-17E, "Birmingham Blitzkrieg". There are several reasons for this. I live in Birmingham (never mind eh!), it was one of the aircraft on the first Eighth Air force mission involving B-17's and so on.

IMG_0718.jpg

Decals aren't a problem as they are available.

Deacon

Edited by Deacon

• 1 month later...

I have just posted my completd Airfix P-51D to the Gallery. After I had started it I started another, which has also been completed. I documented the build in my build thread but I didn't declare it at the start of the GB. Is the second model eligible for the Gallery?

I have just posted my completd Airfix P-51D to the Gallery. After I had started it I started another, which has also been completed. I documented the build in my build thread but I didn't declare it at the start of the GB. Is the second model eligible for the Gallery?

I can't see a problem with that.

• Like 1