To boldly go (or, to go boldly)

Hi all!

Here's a first for me - a Star Trek kit, so apologies for any of you 'into' ST for any (and I'm sure there's many!) errors with this!

It's for my girlfriend's next door neighbour (well, he was at the time - explanation to follow) who's girlfriend got it for his birthday, not realising it was a kit (did ebay not mention it?! :fraidnot: ) And so back in February I said 'yes, sure I'll build it!' Hey, I thought, making a model that I didn't even have to buy! So I browsed the interweb, and found a couple of good sites with screen caps from The Original Series, both model shots and the remastered CGI versions. I even watched some episodes on TV! I then tried to work out a construction sequence - it needed something a bit different to the aircraft and cars I usually build. For example, all the little clusters of windows would have to go in before painting (I couldn't face trying to mask them all!) but it would have to be assembled and gaps filled before painting (obviously) but then I couldn't get the window in! Hmmm . . . So in the end I did both. The clear bits I could get to were left out, but some (around the edges of the saucer, which I understand is the Primary Hull :)) were put in after painting around the apertures and then masked out. It worked fairly well, apart from some windows in the lower (secondary?) hull which were a b****r to get in! After all the time I wasted planning the sequence, it was just about ready in time for his birthday - Thursday 14th July. Plan was to take it to my gf's on the Tuesday. But then on the Monday it rained . . . and rained . . . and my girlfriend, together with about 25 of her neighbours were flooded out. Everyone is in temp accomodation of various kinds, and understandably the chap the kit is for wasn't in a birthdayey sort of mood. It did give me a bit longer to get the vaious bits together, and possibly tart up a few bits I feel I could've done better. Given that everyone might be out their houses for up to 6 months, this might become a Christmas present . . .

Anyhow, on with a couple of pics!

NCC1701-1.jpg

NCC1701-2.jpg

NCC1701-3.jpg

EnterpriseLowpass.jpg

This one I thought of putting in 'What's flying over your house'!

Jimbo

Returning to Earthbound subjects!

BEAM ME UP!

Edited by Jimbo

Have you got a Starfighter model which you could pose underneath it?

Tomorrow Is Yesterday

Ooooo, there's a thought! Now then, what scale's this Enterprise . . . Hmmm, the instructions say the real one (ha! real one! :)) is 288.6 m long, so . . . (back when I've measure my Enterprise LOL)

Jimbo

Edited by Jimbo

You know, this is the first Revell Enterprise kit I have seen built and IMHO, you did a great job with it. It looks really nice. The built kit all painted and decalled up doesn't look bad either.

• 1 month later...