Just saying Hi !

That's lovely, very nicely done

Thank you! Defiance is a Starfleet Marine assault ship, built from a stored attrition replacement spaceframe. She incorporates virtually all the enhancements planned for the Constitution fleet, such as multi point Phasers, vertical warp core intermix chamber, new shield emitters, and aztec - pattern hull plating. She also mounts some of the last versions of the cylindrical nacelles, albeit a new design to take advantage of the sheer amount of raw power from the new warp core.

Defiance also has drop bays in the secondary hull, covered by large sliding doors, that allow Marine assault shuttles to launch directly downwards from the ship.

Thank you! Defiance is a Starfleet Marine assault ship, built from a stored attrition replacement spaceframe. She incorporates virtually all the enhancements planned for the Constitution fleet, such as multi point Phasers, vertical warp core intermix chamber, new shield emitters, and aztec - pattern hull plating.

What era is this from? The TNG era, or slightly before? That's an excellent backstory which makes a lot of sense and has a number of parallels to recent naval history. And doesn't the Constitution class look good with aztec plating?

Very nice build. :goodjob:

Who's kit?

Polar Lights 1/1000 TOS Constitution, and the aztec decals from their refit Enterprise. Large amounts of decal chopping will get the aztec to fit the smaller primafy hull, but the secondary hull is actually around the same size for both!

Edited by stormfrontmodels

Polar Lights 1/1000 TOS Constitution, and the aztec decals from their refit Enterprise. Large amounts of decal chopping will get the aztec to fit the smaller primafy hull, but the secondary hull is actually around the same size for both!

Well, that's even more impressive then. B)

• 3 weeks later...

I like it. It almost reminds me of some of the "Kelvinprise" renderings I've been seeing (i.e. a JJ Trek era ship using parts from the Kelvin, but styled like a Constitution Class). Those new warp pylons on this one, plus the blue bussards really make this one nice and distinct. I like it!