tank show

Panzer Vor!!!

Please do nt forget guys it will be tank fest soon on the weekend of 30 june/01july . Black prince will be running plus some specials for the two days . Ticket last a year so you go back and do the museum later . Prices are at last year so well worth a look

Yeah just been on the website - it looks good (and only 60 miles from me). How is it for viewing? Looks fairly crowded! You don't mind thousands of people at an air show cos it all flying - nmight be a bit different on the ground

I wish Bovi was a bit closer, as I'd love to go to one of their shows :crying: I visited the museum as a lad, and would really like to see it again some day :pray:

Its a great show but i'm not too keen on the layout of the arena - too far away from the vehicles on display. Should have taken a few ideas from Duxfords arena - cheap and simple - spectators raised above the arena with a terrific close up view of vehicles on display with smoke, dust smells and noise.

Made my first visit to Bovington whilst visiting some friends in the vicinity last week. It's an amazing place. The exhibits are in fine fettle and the whole museum a treat to visit. Even my wife enjoyed her visit there.

Excellent value for money as the ticket is re-usable for a return visit within tweleve months. Where else can you get a bargain like that?

Cheers

Yeah just been on the website - it looks good (and only 60 miles from me). How is it for viewing? Looks fairly crowded! You don't mind thousands of people at an air show cos it all flying - nmight be a bit different on the ground

if you stand near the museum building its a gentle bank you could stand at the top or like me stand near the wall .ive allways being happy with the view only gripe is press photograpers in hi viz getting in the way stand on the bank at rear

Yep its a great show is the Tank Fest(Feast)with re-inactment groups from WWI and WW II. You have lots of traders present for models and re-inactment gear.

The Tanks etc are parked were you can even look inside them (with permission), rows and rows of them out side as well as in the Museum its self.

I have so many photo's of most vehicles there and even the Tiger is running. :speak_cool:

If you get the chance, then its well worth a visit.

Edited by foxy

I have so many photo's of most vehicles there and even the Tiger is running. :speak_cool:

You should have a chat with Julien our Walkaround curator, and get some of them up online ;)