Mosquito B.IV

Allow me to present my take on the Super Tamiya Mossie.

I gather there's a couple of little "issues" with it (tail fin?), but these don't bother me, it sure does build up nice (as most Tamiya kits do).

Built OOB with Tamiya RAF DG/OG/MSG as the main colours and Vallejo as the rest.

Blindly following the destructions, I noticed far too late that I'd actually stick on the wrong wheel hubs, Ho-Hum!

Also, try as I may, I couldn't completely get rid of the silvering under the Red hatched "Keep Off" sections over the radiators (sat down with a pin and half a bottle of MicroSol over a couple of nights).

I'm really pleased with the way she's come out...

Hope you like...

DSCF1583.jpg

DSCF1666.jpg

DSCF1665.jpg

DSCF1667.jpg

DSCF1669.jpg

DSCF1675.jpg

DSCF1670.jpg

Very nice mosquito, you done a cracking job on the paintwork

Tamiya decals seem to be problematic, I'm having the same sort of issues with a Tamiya Spitfire, not so much silvering but trying to get them to settle down their quite thick.

Think I'll try something stronger than microsol on the next Tamiya build, which looking at yours could well be a Mosquito

Very nice indeed , looks good from where i am sitting.

The wheel hubs are spot on , you have fitted them correctly , ie spokes should be seen from the port side only.

The Revell 32nd kit has spokes both sides which are incorrect.

LIKE! That's it...I'm getting one you've inspired me!

Cheers for the comments guys.

The wheel hubs are spot on , you have fitted them correctly , ie spokes should be seen from the port side only.

Is that right?

I thought they were supposed to have the "plain" hubs fitted both sides.

That's cheered me up a little. :)

you've done a first class job on your model. I built the FB VI version of this kit when it first came out, and it went together like a dream.

By the way, as previously mentioned, your wheels ARE correct . . .The plain hubs were used on the FB versions of the Mossie. :cheers:

Cheers for the comments guys.

Is that right?

I thought they were supposed to have the "plain" hubs fitted both sides.

That's cheered me up a little. :)

Bomber Mosquitos had spoked hubs showing port side , the Fighter versions usually plane hubs allthough some nightfighter aircraft had the spoked hubs fitted.

SUPERB MOSSIE!!! It looks like a nice kit but I think its a wonderful job. I am dreaming I found 633 SQN....just dreaming. Thank you very much for sharing your masterpiece.

Luis you just got me whistling the theme tune, there's a couple of nicely finished Mossies on here today which has inspired me to go hunting, for a Mossie!

Thanks for the kind words.

I really enjoyed this kit, it goes together really nice too.

By the way, as previously mentioned, your wheels ARE correct . . .The plain hubs were used on the FB versions of the Mossie. :cheers:
Bomber Mosquitos had spoked hubs showing port side , the Fighter versions usually plane hubs allthough some nightfighter aircraft had the spoked hubs fitted.

Excellent info, cheers guys.

This forum's great isn't it... Come and share your hobby, and learn loads at the same time. :cheers:

Edited by pte1643

Luis you just got me whistling the theme tune, there's a couple of nicely finished Mossies on here today which has inspired me to go hunting, for a Mossie!

BTW I was thinking in do the same but when I watched my workbench and a list of started kits my son gave me, I hold my hands an say "NO!!!, not today..... LOL.