The SUD/BAC Vedette

Nice one!

Although I must admit I've never heard of 2 Sqdn 'Flying Cheetahs' operating this high speed machine! Possibly a post-apartheid pilot exchange?!

Very cool anyway.

Nice one!

Although I must admit I've never heard of 2 Sqdn 'Flying Cheetahs' operating this high speed machine! Possibly a post-apartheid pilot exchange?!

Very cool anyway.

Well spotted Ruari! It was the only grey squadron emblem I could find.

Also, in my alternative universe, following the Great Schism described above, South Africa reapplied for British Colonial status and the RAF and SAAF joined forces. :)

Edited by per ardua ad ostentationem

WOW that is VERY NICE!!!!!! i love it. what a beast. infact maybe this should have been called "the beast" im sure that would be a nickname for it

Yes, i like that - "The Black Beast"

What a sensational build and a real stunner of an alternate history/backstory ! Fascinating in all aspects and I love the imagination and cleverness of the Concorde/Vedette design and construction. Very neat stuff !

Mike

Thanks Mike. Writing the story was the best part for me.

As to construction, now I look at it 'finished', I'm thinking about fitting a 1/48 cockpit onstead of the sensor thingie and making it into a high speed whiffery interceptor. What do you think?

• 1 month later...